Has anyone taken off factory wing

Rrryyyaaannn87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was curious to see what type of cosmetic damage it cause by taking off the rear factory wing ? Anyone have pics ?

Not exactly sure what you mean by miles ? I'm looking to see what actually mounts the wing and what the bed rails look like when it's taken off. Holes and scratched paint, etc ?

I have had mine on and off multiple times. That area is subject to damage from sliding the wing on and off. It's not awful but it's not pretty either.

To better specify he is probably speaking in regards to my truck... 26K miles, truck is in phenomenal condition. I have never taken the wing off myself but cannot speak for the previous two owners. I do not see any signs of it ever being removed. I do have the tool pouch that came with the truck though!

I have had mine on and off multiple times. That area is subject to damage from sliding the wing on and off. It's not awful but it's not pretty either.

Thank you for the info. Once it's back on it then covers up whatever damage was under it I take it ?

And yes stealth. I was just curious if I was to take the wing off would there be cons. I don't want to damage or leave scratches on the truck and if taking it off is going to do so I just leave it on

Thank you for the info. Once it's back on it then covers up whatever damage was under it I take it ?

And yes stealth. I was just curious if I was to take the wing off would there be cons. I don't want to damage or leave scratches on the truck and if taking it off is going to do so I just leave it on

Yes, it is completely covered up with the wing installed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back