have a leather problem

RB04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife just brought this to my attention. a rip n the seat on our charger, is there any DIY for it or best just take it to a local auto upholstery shop?? I figure the later will be the answer figured Id ask anyway.
29215_1366296711565_1056073478_30837676_6665037_n.jpg

29215_1366296751566_1056073478_30837677_4321753_n.jpg

eli,

well....if it were me, i'd take it to a shop....

only reason is because of where that tear is...it's gonna get a lot of wear and tear getting in and out, and the leather repair kits do fine if you're just looking at it, but not so much when they get some sliding and pushing...

at least that's my experience...

Any idea what happened? It looks like something caught the leather and tore it. The rest of the seat section looks in good shape. I'd take that to a upholstery shop.

no idea what happened, she was cleaning it while I was puting the hoodliner back on and she saw it, I will have to talk to my local upholstry shop, my grandfather used this guy for his lambo so he should be good enough :)

RB04 said:
no idea what happened, she was cleaning it while I was puting the hoodliner back on and she saw it, I will have to talk to my local upholstry shop, my grandfather used this guy for his lambo so he should be good enough :)

:rock: :rock: Now that's my kind of papa....:D

lol and thats just the beginning I blame him for my collection of cars and my addiction to horsepower!

RB04 said:
lol and thats just the beginning I blame him for my collection of cars and my addiction to horsepower!

That's what I told mama, relatives are to blame... she bought it for a moment :dontknow: then she asked me when I got back from the show if I bought the truck to collect trophies? Of course I said... But my cousins are still in the racing game. :burnout: :burnout:

lol, ya, when I came home with my first trophy my wife asked me if we got the 10 for room for our baby on the way or just to have another toy, I had to say for the baby of course :)

It's not leather....even my 08 Viper side bolster is not leather. Law states the seats only have to be 20% leather to say its "leather".

If you mean the Charger Daytona in your sig then it is not leather...no part of the seat in the Daytonas is leather....the only Chargers with leather were the SRTs and the non "road & track" RT with the optional leather...

Can't you just have the dealer order that cover? I had mine do that in my old Ford Lariat....leather seats....and they just put a new lower cover on.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back