Header exhaust gasket question....

Tork_MoNsTeR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of bassani headers with no gaskets. Are the gaskets that are in use on my truck now able to be used with the bassanis? Or do I need new ones??? If I do where is the most cost efficient/quickest place to get them from??:dontknow: :dontknow:

stock should work.
there is a thread on here where someone said that Bassani said to use stock & paper gasket for the install.
if stock will work, stealership, patrick @ Avondale, Moparconnection, stinker,J.T.Sawyer

USE THE OEM GASKETS!!!!......I did re-use mine but I would recommend using new..I only re-used mine because I didnt find out the supplied gaskets wouldnt work until I had already removed the stock pipes...it was going to take a week to get the OEMs....do not use the Bassani gaskets (if they were included) unless you want problems...

So I can reuse mine?? Ive got my mids out and would like to get done. What do a set of OEMs go for??

I think they're only like $20-30:dontknow: Might be able to pick em up at Autozone... or the stealership

LoveThisTruck said:
I think they're only like $20-30:dontknow: Might be able to pick em up at Autozone... or the stealership

Dealership only and they are over 30.00...........

thats a side, correct?????

pm dragon he got me mine for 50. I also reccomend shorter grade 8 bolts, and do the passanger side first. you might have to trim some of the passanger side wheel well too. after you install everything cover each manifold with a rag and test 4 leaks. then check/re-tighten header bolts after 50-100 miles of driving. enjoy :>

You need to use the oem and get the one from bassani it ads a fewm MM's to make a better seal unless you have the 1 3/4 instead of 1 5/8 the bigger ones you just need the oem gasket the 1 5/8 you need the thin shim like gasket or you will leak.

My dealer said they were $44.00 apiece but I dunno if someone just didnt know what they were talkin about.:dontknow: :dontknow:

When I got mine... (from Patrick at Avondale) I think they were around $20-23 each...

In my opinion, its not worth re-using them.. plus when you take the manifolds or pipes off, they fall apart like a deck of cards.... (most of the time)

When I re-installed mine, I used a little trick to make it work easier.

Put two bolts in either end of header or manfold, then take some painters blue tape and lightly tape them to the header or manifold flange, so once you lined up with two bolts partially in, you can easily remove the tape, without pulling the gasket out. :)

Tork_MoNsTeR said:
I bought a set of bassani headers with no gaskets. Are the gaskets that are in use on my truck now able to be used with the bassanis? Or do I need new ones??? If I do where is the most cost efficient/quickest place to get them from??:dontknow: :dontknow:
I've had good luck getting OEM parts from Roe...quickly at outstanding prices. Suggest you give Sean a try.

On exhaust gaskets, OEM seems to be the best choice.

oldguysrt10

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back