heads big question

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok im lookin at buying a set of heads from member here to port and polish,,

is there any diff between 04 heads and 05 heads

04,05,06 are all the same......if you are lookin to buy the heads HaulinAsp the heads are in excellent shape....or at least when I sold them to him. I think there was less than 5K miles on them...I bought a set and sent them to Roe for porting.

thats who im getting them from,,but it is the set that came off his trashed motor said they are good to use ,,,with a few small nicks on them ,,,said after polishing them they would clean up good ,,,what you think

He is/was selling two sets of heads..the ones off his truck and the ones I sold him. I have no idea of the condition of his original heads. I would assume he is telling you correctly but you might get some pictures to run by a machine to see what will be involved..

Like I said these will clean up JUST fine- he will be porting and polishing the heads- might as well polish the chambers and cc them as well and they will clean up for this perfectly.

I'll take some photos- anyhow- I did have my machine shop tell me they were perfect for this also....

HaulinAsp said:
Like I said these will clean up JUST fine- he will be porting and polishing the heads- might as well polish the chambers and cc them as well and they will clean up for this perfectly.

I'll take some photos- anyhow- I did have my machine shop tell me they were perfect for this also....

your ok i dont care what fatjack says about you lol:congrats:

HaulinAsp said:

Didnt mean to sound like he should be suspicious of you....he sounded like he was unsure on how to proceed so pictures would make everything clearer as what needed to be done...does that make any sense?..:dontknow: ;) ...

TNVIPER said:
Didnt mean to sound like he should be suspicious of you....he sounded like he was unsure on how to proceed so pictures would make everything clearer as what needed to be done...does that make any sense?..:dontknow: ;) ...
It's all good bro- I fully understand- I will take pics- like I said I had a trusted machinest looky at them and asked if they were useable- he stated for a full on port and polish job with cc-ed chambers they would be just fine. The pistons never hit the head- just small bits peppered the chambers and this can be polished out easily and matched.
When done he will have a full on boogie set of cylinder heads.

Ok after a closer inspection it looks like a surface milling to clean up the area around the chamber the actual chambers look pretty decent. the peppering is concentrated on the flat area not so much the bowls. Your call.

I would have a clean surface pass or two done.

I do have pics to show what is there.

do the gen 3 heads for a viper car the same as gen3 heads for a 05 truck ???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back