HELP! Clicking ASD Relay, 2005 QC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beeblom, Feb 16, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. Beeblom

Beeblom New Member

Hey folks! 2005 SRT10 QC bone-stock. First post here and need help. After driving and shutting it off my #57 ASD, Engine Control Relay clicks twice every 5 seconds indefinitely. I can feel it on the relay when touching it. It stops when I remove it until I put it back in and it resumes. Tried swapping for other relays without change. So... the only way I can stop it is to remove Fuse 23 (overhead electrical, power mirrors, skim, JTEC) and put it back in, or remove battery connection and reconnect it. Did Engine code scan and it is clean. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas. I would really love to solve this myself (with your help) and avoid dealer or shop!!!

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff Misanthrope Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Never heard this one before

3. rottenronnie

rottenronnie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

http://www.chryslerproblems.com/tipm/

If you have changed the relay and that didn't work, it sounds like the voltage getting to the relay itself may be low and causing it to make and break contact.

I would take it the whole assembly out and clean ALL of the contacts with DEOXIT before spending any money on another one.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA New Member

I'm not a SRT owner, but a Ram 1500 energizes the ASD relay for 5 seconds when ignition is first turned on. If enigine rotation is not sensed it cuts off.

5. Beeblom

Beeblom New Member

Thanks gents for the thoughts I really do appreciate it.
    I'll do the cleaning sometime this week and see if that helps. Great idea and thanks for the link. Also thanks for the ASD note Redtruck.
    Any other ideas welcome and I'll keep you posted!

6. Beeblom

Beeblom New Member

No dice... cleaned the crap out if all connections. Charged battery and reconnected everything. Still a clickin' after all is turned off. All I have to do to make it start is turn ignition fully on and off (don't even need to start it).
    Any other ideas? Maybe cam sensor related? The fuse I remove is JTEC related, so maybe bad PCM?
    Other out of the box thoughts? If I have it checked out is dealer or independent better in your opinions?

7. rottenronnie

8. rottenronnie

At least all of the connections in your assembly are now clean and you've eliminated that source as a possible cause.

Keep us informed.

Maybe the link I just posted will help you out (?)

Good luck!