Help putting on Headers on 06 QC

hashash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out the OEM header and mid pretty easily (w/ air tools ) , but cant get the damn header in ?? no enough space from top or bottom !! :mad:

Any tips ?? these are mopar headers for 06 QC :mad:

hashash said:
Took out the OEM header and mid pretty easily (w/ air tools ) , but cant get the damn header in ?? no enough space from top or bottom !! :mad:

Any tips ?? these are mopar headers for 06 QC :mad:

didnt know mopar made headers for the 06. are they LT or ST headers...with the bassanis they were a tight fit, but still got them in there...drop them down from the top

these are LT mopars , cant get the header in on the driver's side !!:mad: too tight , i searched , some are saying to take off the brake master/booster and some are taking the steering shaft off ?? will have a look in an hour or 2 after i have lunch :mad:

hashash said:
these are LT mopars , cant get the header in on the driver's side !!:mad: too tight , i searched , some are saying to take off the brake master/booster and some are taking the steering shaft off ?? will have a look in an hour or 2 after i have lunch :mad:

hmmm...if you have someone helping you did you try dropping it down throught he top of the engine bay? thats was the only way I could get mine in, dont see why you would need to remove anything...

While I haven't done this installation I do know that the Mopar header requires the steering link be removed. Once the header is installed the steering link travel's 'through' the header. You might want to contact Dragon....he installed the Mopar's on his and would know if it is possible on the 06. 06 front suspension/frame is different than 04/05. Good luck!

Chuck B said:
While I haven't done this installation I do know that the Mopar header requires the steering link be removed. Once the header is installed the steering link travel's 'through' the header. You might want to contact Dragon....he installed the Mopar's on his and would know if it is possible on the 06. 06 front suspension/frame is different than 04/05. Good luck!

thats right , thanks alot did it .

no , i removed the plastic liners . Thats the least of your worries !!:D

yup, steering link... mine went in from the top, just slick it up with some ky jelly...lol

i have the bassani(spelling? and i slid them in from the sides after i took out the liners and also had to remove sterring link, but that was in the instructions:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back