Hood liner questions

I just took mine off. Had this painted on instead...

Attachments

• WP_20150612_11_57_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150612_11_57_21_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
I have 2 used hood liners and a bunch of new ones, however shipping will be expensive and most likely the liner will get damaged. I love making sales, but I love helping people make an informed decision more.

Buy one from your local dealership and save yourself the headache.

I have 2 used hood liners and a bunch of new ones, however shipping will be expensive and most likely the liner will get damaged. I love making sales, but I love helping people make an informed decision more.

Buy one from your local dealership and save yourself the headache.

I don't think it matters at this point.
I ordered a new one from the dealer earlier this year and they shipped it dealer to dealer without a box.

You can imagine how that turned out.

I don't think it matters at this point.
I ordered a new one from the dealer earlier this year and they shipped it dealer to dealer without a box.

You can imagine how that turned out.

That's how they come in, in a plastic bag. You would think they would do something to protect it from damage.

That's how they come in, in a plastic bag. You would think they would do something to protect it from damage.

I would have thought it would have been in a box myself.

I ended up getting it at a discounted price anyway, then i experimented on it some. I figured what's the worst thing that could happen, right?

Painted the whole thing with about 6 coats of filler, sanded with 220 between coats, and then painted it with flat black, and painted the letters silver.

Surprisingly with every coat of the filler i was able to sand it smoother. It actually turned out really well.
Painting the letters was a snap. No bleed through at all.
So far so good for durability. Ive had it on there for the whole summer and it still looks great!

[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/cdarnell1975/media/SRT10/20150724_200737_zpsycf0jgql.jpg.html][/URL]

Would the filler primer provide new rigidity to a sagging hood liner? May be worth a shot. Might need the hood off to provide the proper "form" to the liner though.

Id just take the liner off and hang it for awhile. My old one straightened out on its own.

I think the key to prevent it from sagging again is to use some body tape to help attach it, and drill 2 extra holes in the hood for extra clips where it normally starts sagging. Just to the inside of the "felt" tabs on the rear of the liner.

Bought mine new from dealer and came shoved in a box from dodge :-(

Brought my from a dealer in San Antonio came in a box with packing. Was quite happy and it looks good now. I think it hit or miss.

Took me a few tries to get a good one. Some of them came in pretty trashed. I mean come on, its not like it's a normal dodge Ram hoodliner.

The Paint job looks great Ralpie! Where do you snag a paint job like that and whats the cost?

also a question for VPRPWRD. I see you live in PA. I am from Ohio with family in PA. Would you sell me a new one or two if I stopped by and picked it up.

Another pic

Shawn Ealy Designs...! $1300 That included the bottomside of the hood prepped and repainted black and the fixing of my scoop insert. Shawn was here in Illinois for a bit then moved back to Cal.(I think). I got lucky...lol

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back