How Fast have you Gone in your Truck?

115 mph and that was a short stretch...washington state roads are pot holey and wash-boardy..it'd be my own damn fault for flinging myself into the ditches.

Wom...that was the one that my neighbor helped me out with...few points, few dollars and a weekend over at the University......They were having a home football game that weekend......turned out pretty cool. The Cop that got me was really a nice guy, just doing his job, trying to keep the school zones safe.....Kept the ticket to remind myself to get a Valentine 1 and to start thinking faster....... than these trucks can go!

SCRAMBLER13

135 mph for me with my insurance agent in the truck. He liked the looks of it when I insured it and wanted to go for a ride. SO I TOOK HIM. He really liked it. He is even talking about getting one now. We have been friends for years.

Wade

2004 RC, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, B&G Stage II Flash, 4.56 gears, roll top cover, spray in liner,

Best so far 13.23 @ 105 MPH spinning

My insurance guy has a slightly older vette, no Z06 or anything. I'd waste him bad if he wanted to go. I'll have to give him a ride in mine and let him experience a little something we call torque.

I have had mine to 120....that took about 10 sec. from a rolling start...she should be home next week with the new AEM engine management system and chrome intake......I would like to stay in boost for about a mile....will need to find a safe location with no traffic and find out what she can do in a mile......we have 3 mile strech of road no access north of Tulsa that is divided 4 lane.....may get some guys on radios to give me the all clear one morning and see what she can do.....I will report back to you guys the results....:)

K-80-123 said:
I have had mine to 120....that took about 10 sec. from a rolling start...she should be home next week with the new AEM engine management system and chrome intake......I would like to stay in boost for about a mile....will need to find a safe location with no traffic and find out what she can do in a mile......we have 3 mile strech of road no access north of Tulsa that is divided 4 lane.....may get some guys on radios to give me the all clear one morning and see what she can do.....I will report back to you guys the results....:)

Hope you have fun, the radios are a good idea. Just make sure you drive down the road once to make sure you dont hit any big bumps or any pot holes.

K-80-123 said:
How about the Texas Mile this fall?

Back in the day I used to have my trooper buddies block off the interstate like 4AM and they would set up radar to get some high speed mph runs in.

Last edited:
SCRAMBLER13 said:
135 mph for me with my insurance agent in the truck. He liked the looks of it when I insured it and wanted to go for a ride. SO I TOOK HIM. He really liked it. He is even talking about getting one now. We have been friends for years.

Wade

2004 RC, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, B&G Stage II Flash, 4.56 gears, roll top cover, spray in liner,

Best so far 13.23 @ 105 MPH spinning
Sounds like a cool guy. My State Farm agent apaprently doesn't know what a RAM SRT-10 is. I pay $62 per month with my VIN on the policy. No way am I letting him in on what I have.:p

I have seen 140 on my speedo. My best ticket in it so far is a 98 in a 65 zone. I will keep trying though.

Bill.

130ish, curising down interstate I75 with my friend in his porsche in front of me, thought he could lose me, silly rabbit.

No tickets in my girl as of yet.

Begood said:
I have seen 140 on my speedo. My best ticket in it so far is a 98 in a 65 zone. I will keep trying though.

Bill.
On the way to meet up last year by Ohio`s Finest.:(

No Dave, that one was 81 in a 65. The 98 in a 65 was on M53 in Michigan, I hired an attorney, and he got it down to a 75 in a 65. Oh well, its just a traffic ticket, its not a felony.

Bill.

ROKTMAN said:
How about the Texas Mile this fall?

Back in the day I used to have my trooper buddies block off the interstate like 4AM and they would set up radar to get some high speed mph runs in.

In March, I did the Texas Mile http://texasmile.com and went 157.909mph before the huge cloud of white smoke and 10 quarts of synthetic mobil 1 oil went down the middle of the runway! It was a great time for top end running.:)

Taylor

SCVette said:
In March, I did the Texas Mile http://texasmile.com and went 157.909mph before the huge cloud of white smoke and 10 quarts of synthetic mobil 1 oil went down the middle of the runway! It was a great time for top end running.:)

Taylor
So you blew up?.....have you made the repair?.....were you stock?

I did 140 in the QC a couple weeks ago...not fun! Back end didn't feel stable to me, my heart almost came outta my ass haha....

K-80-123 said:
So you blew up?.....have you made the repair?.....were you stock?

Blew up #3, the block is welded up and waiting on the final hone for new pistons and rods to be done. It should be back together in a couple weeks. It was not stock,
STS turbo at 9lb of boost, water to air intercooler, water/methanol injection, nitrous/propane injection 140shot. Tonneau cover with wing, tail gate, passenger seat, windshield wipers, antenna, and subwoofer removed.

Taylor

SCVette said:
Blew up #3, the block is welded up and waiting on the final hone for new pistons and rods to be done. It should be back together in a couple weeks. It was not stock,
STS turbo at 9lb of boost, water to air intercooler, water/methanol injection, nitrous/propane injection 140shot. Tonneau cover with wing, tail gate, passenger seat, windshield wipers, antenna, and subwoofer removed.

Taylor

How many #3's do we owe to STS at this point...??? I've lost track...:thumpdown: :thumpdown: :thumpdown: :damnmate:

Texas Yellow Fever said:
How many #3's do we owe to STS at this point...??? I've lost track...:thumpdown: :thumpdown: :thumpdown: :damnmate:
Has to be at least 6 I know of,maybe more.:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back