How HOT does a Paxton get?

The Paxton is cooled by engine oil so I'm guessing it stays at engine temperature. Meth is injected after being supercharged so it doesn't cool down down the head unit just the air before going into the manifold.

tsmith3 said:
The Paxton is cooled by engine oil so I'm guessing it stays at engine temperature. Meth is injected after being supercharged so it doesn't cool down down the head unit just the air before going into the manifold.

Thanks, I was wondering if the housing can get above 400 degrees. I want to powder coat the unit, but the powders we use will only adhere if temperatures do not exceed 400 deg.

If the housing temp gets that high, you have other problems to worry about.;)

You can inject water/meth before the compressor, btw. The DC Performance air intake kit for the Paxton has an injector port built into the hard pipe that replaces the "accordion" hose that the Paxton ships with. You could just as easily plumb it into the air filter assembly, as is done with the Roe supercharger.

Ram From Hell said:
If the housing temp gets that high, you have other problems to worry about.;)

You can inject water/meth before the compressor, btw. The DC Performance air intake kit for the Paxton has an injector port built into the hard pipe that replaces the "accordion" hose that the Paxton ships with. You could just as easily plumb it into the air filter assembly, as is done with the Roe supercharger.
RAM FROM HELL you are just a wealth of knowledge sir:rock: :rock: :rock:

Joe Donovan and Justin repositioned my water/meth nozzle on my Paxton setup. Justin polished and filled the old position to where you'd never know it was there in the first place.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Joe Donovan and Justin repositioned my water/meth nozzle on my Paxton setup. Justin polished and filled the old position to where you'd never know it was there in the first place.

...and put it where, exactly???

tsmith3 said:

Paxtons are sealed units soooo... they are cooled by oil but it is more of a gear oil than engine oil.

That is my understanding as my SRT10 is paxton supercharged, but my chrysler is vortech supercharged which does use oil lines.

Burn504 said:
Paxtons are sealed units soooo... they are cooled by oil but it is more of a gear oil than engine oil.

That is my understanding as my SRT10 is paxton supercharged, but my chrysler is vortech supercharged which does use oil lines.

Dude, you've been misinformed the oil the Paxton gets is from the motor. It has a line that comes from the oil pan to the blower.

Dave where did Joe install the nozzle for the meth?

LitemUp said:
Dude, you've been misinformed the oil the Paxton gets is from the motor. It has a line that comes from the oil pan to the blower.

Dave where did Joe install the nozzle for the meth?

Sorry.. im new to the Paxtons and these SRT10s. I bought my SRT10 RC already supercharged and am trying to figure out what was done to it.

I have a Vortech V5 G Trim on my other car.

Is it just the NOVI paxtons that are engine oil driven? I have always been under the impression the past ones were sealed units.

Burn504 said:
Sorry.. im new to the Paxtons and these SRT10s. I bought my SRT10 RC already supercharged and am trying to figure out what was done to it.

I have a Vortech V5 G Trim on my other car.

Is it just the NOVI paxtons that are engine oil driven? I have always been under the impression the past ones were sealed units.

No problem just wanna make sure that we're posting the most accurate information.

You could go on the Paxton website and download the install instructions from there, and will tell you anything you wanna know about the system.

If not post up questions there are quite a few guys on here including myself that have Paxtons on our trucks and would gladly answer any questions you may have.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back