How much power can I gain from long tube headers and a mild cam with a tune?

dinglese

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've been reading on here for a while and decided to make my account (finally). I have a single cab, red, 2004 SRT-10 RAM ! I was wondering what kind of power could I get from some good long tube headers (and complete exhaust, have to keep the cats :( ), a mild cam, and a tune? If anyone has done this or has any suggestions I will consider them! I have about 8k to spend...

Hey guys!
I've been reading on here for a while and decided to make my account (finally). I have a single cab, red, 2004 SRT-10 RAM ! I was wondering what kind of power could I get from some good long tube headers (and complete exhaust, have to keep the cats :( ), a mild cam, and a tune? If anyone has done this or has any suggestions I will consider them! I have about 8k to spend...

Will you be doing the install yourself or will you have someone else do it? $8k is a good amount of cash. Also where are you located so we can get you pointed in the right direction if one of the vendors here is local to you?

Hey guys!

If you must have cats make sure you at least go with some hi-flo's, that alone can probably free up 5hp. If you go with brand new everything you should be well under $8K. Headers and mids w/hi-flo's $2,500, cam $500-$700, hand held tune $500... all round about estimates. Even if you have somebody do the install you should easily have $3-$4K left over (depending if you are doing the back section of the exhaust as well). If you want you can give me the truck and the $8K and I promise I'll get all of that done for you in a day! :D

Yeah depends on your emissions. Most cams won't pass emission regardless of cats. I'd be happy to help however I can :driver:

Hey guys!

That would get you around 60-100hp depending on cam and whether NA or nitrous/boost cam

no panty sniffer so time to start saving for heads and cam……….and forged bottom and nitrous and………….

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back