how safe is meth injection?

perk_1405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im currently getting my engine built after sending #1 rod through the block (as most of you know). i was wondering if it is really worth trusting the meth kit? i have heard of a few engines getting locked up b/c of the meth. how do you guys feel about it? oh yeah the roe is going back on.. Elliott

I'd say on FI applications, it will let you run more timming which should be good for about 20 to 30 hp.

Works good for me. When I took it to ART to have it tuned, they did a tune for w/o meth... in case I run out i guess:dontknow: but there was like a 30hp difference between the tune with meth, and the tune without.

LoveThisTruck said:
Works good for me. When I took it to ART to have it tuned, they did a tune for w/o meth... in case I run out i guess:dontknow: but there was like a 30hp difference between the tune with meth, and the tune without.

30hp to the wheels?

perk_1405 said:
30hp to the wheels?

I think so:confused: I can't remember exact numbers. I just looked at the vids, and I can't tell from them either. I could give them a ring on Monday if you want

PM patrick (redsrt007) he will tell you what you need to know

I am thinking about the same thing. I currently have piston failure on stock pistons due to ( I was told) detonation. My question is how can I have detonation running meth ( not crystal:D ) and a tune? I have never heard any detonation and all dyno pulls showed AFR to be ok. Unless of course dyno AFRs don't tell the whole story. Maybe localized detonation that wouldn't show up on AFRs?
The bottom line is I don't think its a viable substitute for an intercooler which is the most important piece of equipment lacking in the Roe FI setup,

Last edited:
Just remember that Meth. does not increase hp. it allows cooler intake temps. which allows you to advance the timing which does make more hp.

BTW, Elloitt, get your motor together!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

I kow you miss her............

When I tune mine and my buddies vehicles, I use meth to give me a "safe" barrier, on pump tunes. Most use meth to gain more power (read timing advance), but to me, the 20-30hp is a risk (meth stops working and your relying on it). Now, I do use it as a power adder (+ timing), but only in a race tune format (using race gas)..

Borden's SRT said:
Just remember that Meth. does not increase hp. it allows cooler intake temps. which allows you to advance the timing which does make more hp.

BTW, Elloitt, get your motor together!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

I kow you miss her............

more timing with no detonation, which in turn means more hp:burnout:

RedSrt007 said:
When I tune mine and my buddies vehicles, I use meth to give me a "safe" barrier, on pump tunes. Most use meth to gain more power (read timing advance), but to me, the 20-30hp is a risk (meth stops working and your relying on it). Now, I do use it as a power adder (+ timing), but only in a race tune format (using race gas)..
i agree. i run meth but im thinking since no more than i run the truck it would be better to run at least half and half of c14

I run race gas since meth burns at a much leaner a/f ratio than gasoline and if you don't pump enough meth in there you'll run lean. plus, it's impossible to tune an engine with gas/meth since you need a different wideband o2 sensor. with gas and meth combined in the exhaust, you'll never get a correct reading on your wideband.

i personally would not use it. if your engine is tuned properly, you will never need it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back