Impossibly low mile 10 on thEbay...

I saw a yellow fever one with 508miles at a show this year.

I was looking at one 3-4 weeks a go up here in red deer 700 miles 05 , I didn't trust a guy so me and my buddy went to look at a truck it was 689 miles on it .

I think in the next year or two we will see lots of low mile (under 1K) garage queens hit the market from guys that were collecting them for big resale dollars. With the price of gas and the current market where it is, it will be another decade at least till we see a significant swing back up in the value (maybe retail or above)

Gotta wonder if somethings need fixed from sitting for so long.

Maybe some dry rotting on the hoses, maybe, but I doubt it. I just got through watching a video of an old Indian motorcycle that hadnt been started in over 40 years start right up with some fresh gas.

Valve springs might be bad front sitting compressed for extended periods.

Is that like saying you shouldn't keep your mags loaded for your gun?
As a design engineer we design springs to wear out under cycles, not staitic position. If the springs were designed with good material you wouldn't have to worry about static position spring wear. It's cycles that wear out springs.

What do you say Rambo(Venom Truck) do they teach you anything in the military about keeping mags loaded?

As a design engineer we design springs to wear out under cycles, not staitic position. If the springs were designed with good material you wouldn't have to worry about static position spring wear. It's cycles that wear out springs.

What do you say Rambo(Venom Truck) do they teach you anything in the military about keeping mags loaded?

Yep, we always kept 27 rounds in 30 round mags for that purpose. But, keep in mind that the springs in those mags were just cheap pieces of junk that really did wear out and really would jam your shit up when you need it most. Most of us ended up buying our own mags because the military mags, at least the ones we got, were pure garbage.

This truck has been on ebay several times over the last 6 months or so and hasn't sold yet.:(

So are you saying you are a designer or an engineer? I only mentioned it bc some of the vendors here have mentioned it can be a prob with these motors.

So are you saying you are a designer or an engineer? I only mentioned it bc some of the vendors here have mentioned it can be a prob with these motors.

I was a design engineer for CAT doing valvetrains and pistons.

I can't say how these springs were designed or what the bean counters made them change. So the vendors very well could be right.

Designed properly springs fail under cycles, not static.

I was a design engineer for CAT doing valvetrains and pistons.

I can't say how these springs were designed or what the bean counters made them change. So the vendors very well could be right.

Designed properly springs fail under cycles, not static.

These things were assembled in Meheeco so they may not have CAT quality springs in em LOL.

These things were assembled in Meheeco so they may not have CAT quality springs in em LOL.

I guess the question would be, who is the supplier of the OEM springs?
Even the engines were assembled in MX? or just the truck? It's the Daimler plant in Saltillo right, I've been there with my current job.

Last edited:
I never store mags loaded, as they swell at the feed lips. A quality mag spring should last for years under compression, though.

As for the valve springs, I'd bet they are preeeety beefy on a 2-valve per cyl V10.

Nope. The 8.3's were hand assembled in the USA.

That's good to know. Even if it was hecho en Mexico, I would not be too worried. Nothing a Mexican loves more than a Dodge Ram, so I'm sure they put a lotta love into the SRT-10s. I do know the paint seems to be a lot nicer than most Dodges...

-big

Last edited:
Nothing a Mexican loves more than a Dodge Ram, so I'm sure they put a lotta love into the SRT-10s. I do know the paint seems to be a lot nicer than most Dodges...

-big
The trucks were made in Mexico (including paint). The engine's were built at the Viper plant in the US, where Viper engines are made. As far as where they were assembled, Dr. Jeff would be the one to ask about that.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back