JMB upper & lower Hard Pipes

Big Worm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some questions for those of you that have Justin's Hard pipes? I just want to know if any of you have any advice when installing them? Tips and such. Also does anyone have any data on them, if they actually improve performance or not?I am still purchasing them, i just want to see what I am getting into.

I believe they are just for making the engine compartment look better, not for performance gains.

Bill.

i installed the upper pipe,have problems with it leaking (stained my powdered coated items):mad: i keep cranking down on the clamps, but am afraid i'll crush the pipes:dontknow: also ..i don't know if this is the culprit but my temps aren't as low as they have been,the diameter of the pipe is smaller than the hose your replacing:dontknow:

I have the upper and the lower. My top leaked initially, but I gradually tightened it until the leaking stopped over several days. The bottom one was a bit of a tussle to get on and then the process of slowly tightening over several days and since I have had no problems.

They certainly are a bling item.

Prof said:
I have the upper and the lower. My top leaked initially, but I gradually tightened it until the leaking stopped over several days. The bottom one was a bit of a tussle to get on and then the process of slowly tightening over several days and since I have had no problems.

They certainly are a bling item.
The same happend with me but now all is well.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mine never leaked...:dontknow:

The lower one was a pain in the ass until I figured out that you need to slide the silicone couplings further onto the hard pipe, put the pipe in place, then slide the couplings toward the engine & rad.

The upper was was a pain to attach at the tstat housing. Kinda needed to slide the clamp and hose on at the same time. It was tighter than a bull's ass in fly season!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back