Just got new tires...............

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM Pirellis lasted 18,000 miles. I stayed with OEM Pirellis on the second set and got 23,000 miles out of them. I wasn't pleased with the vibration on either set that I just didn't seem to be able to get balanced out by anyone. I looked at a lot of different tires this time and for a variety of reasons went with the Yokohama Parada Spec X. It may just be that I got a reasonably round set but I've tried these on a variety of road surfaces at a variety of speed and so far have no vibration.

In no way am I implying they're better than the Pirellis......there are too many variables. For my interest though so far I'm pleased I changed.

Drive-out was $881 for the 305/40 22s.

oldguy

oldguysrt10 said:
My OEM Pirellis lasted 18,000 miles. I stayed with OEM Pirellis on the second set and got 23,000 miles out of them. I wasn't pleased with the vibration on either set that I just didn't seem to be able to get balanced out by anyone. I looked at a lot of different tires this time and for a variety of reasons went with the Yokohama Parada Spec X. It may just be that I got a reasonably round set but I've tried these on a variety of road surfaces at a variety of speed and so far have no vibration.

In no way am I implying they're better than the Pirellis......there are too many variables. For my interest though so far I'm pleased I changed.

Drive-out was $881 for the 305/40 22s.

oldguy
I got those also great tire in the rain also I have 305/45 22 alittle better on the bumps.:burnout: :burnout: Great tire and the only one with a z or v I forgot rating for speed 130+.:marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
I got those also great tire in the rain also I have 305/45 22 alittle better on the bumps.:burnout: :burnout: Great tire and the only one with a z or v I forgot rating for speed 130+.:marchmellow:

I considered going to the 45 aspect ratio too but tire dealers I talked to didn't believe I'd fell a difference beteen the 40 and 45 on a stiff sidewall tire so I stayed with the 40 to avoid the 3.8% speedometer error and the slightly narrower tread width.

You see a difference? If so I may consider the 45s next time.

Thanks,
oldguy

I have always seen a performance tire start vibrating and roaring after they have been broken in. Maybe the yokos will be different:dontknow: The difference in 40's to 45's aspect ratio i dont think will be a big difference in speedometer readings, the rolling distance should be the same. Have you guys ever checked out tirerack.com? I buy my tires through them and have been pretty pleased.

Took Pirelli'soff after 5,000 miles. they were terrible in the rain .On 4th set now. have Hankook vetnus. Seem to work pretty good.

Yellow venom said:
Any pics of those Yokies?

Only one I could find. I loved them, and I'm getting ready to order another set.

259849558.jpg

i have the general uhp 45's and there is a diff. the feel...bumps arent as harsh...

TOYO proxes st here and seem to work great for me...

GADodgetech said:
I have always seen a performance tire start vibrating and roaring after they have been broken in. Maybe the yokos will be different:dontknow: The difference in 40's to 45's aspect ratio i dont think will be a big difference in speedometer readings, the rolling distance should be the same. Have you guys ever checked out tirerack.com? I buy my tires through them and have been pretty pleased.

That hasn't been my experience on performance tires. Tire rack had good prices but by the time I paid for shipping then mounting and balancing it was a wash at best.

oldguy

500snakz said:
TOYO proxes st here and seem to work great for me...

I had them on the Hemi I traded for the SRT10 and liked them a lot too.

oldguy

I recently installed the Parada Spec X as well and love them - they are great in the heavy Florida rain storms, and the dry performance is as good as the Pirelli's.

Back