Kill switch

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What prompted me to think of installing a kill switch in the truck was my friend's Acura RSX getting stolen today, and thankfully they found it a few blocks away with just the back window busted and the ignition trashed (they used a flathead screwdriver).
Regarding the switch, where along the ignition system would be the best place to install and yet compliment the existing factory alarm?
Could this be a do-it-yourself job or something better left to a professional?
If doing it yourself, what would be some good quality parts (switch, wiring size, etc)?
Any other suggestions?

a buddy has one on his dodge 4x4 that he takes to mexico all the time. works extremely well, it was in the center consol, shifter boot

i use the Ravelco system

ravelco.com

helps with insurance also

ik have a kill switch on my truck it disconnect the starter wires and the fuel pump wires it is a Prostreet battery key switch and its hidden ;)

makes me feel better about leaving my truck in some places
they can brake into it but it wont start

I had 2 in my Ranchero:D I would tell my friends that they could have the car if they could get it started:aetsch:

back in the 90's we use to wire a relay to the cigarette lighter so that with it removed, the car wouldn't start.

ZCx said:
i use the Ravelco system

ravelco.com

helps with insurance also

I had never heard of this before your post. I just went through their site and I really like this. I might have to do this to my trucks and car. Great idea!

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I had never heard of this before your post. I just went through their site and I really like this. I might have to do this to my trucks and car. Great idea!

I like this product as well. Lucky me they are 10 minutes from my house I guess I need my truck first though :mad:

NorCal SRT-10 said:

i had never heard of it either till my black one got stole
:( :mad: :( :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back