Knock sensor

i believe 05 and 06 have... not the 04 :(

it doesn't pull back timing, it pulls a chute :eek: :dontknow: or i'm i wrong...:confused:

chute.jpg

It should pull back timing I mean that is the knock sensors Job. I think it does because I have my stage 2 Flash for 100 octane tune and usually I have about 94 to 95 in it and I never ever heard any pinging of any sort. and sometimes On full throttle mine loses power so it means its pulling timing back I guess:dontknow:

There are two knock sensors on the block for 05's and 06's as Barry said. I have pictures somewhere. I know I have posted them at some point.

MSD has a knock sensor with meter if you have an 04. You have to set the sensitivity of it however.

The MSD did show me during my run at the Nats that I was knocking badly. There is no indication for the stock sensors.

Bone said:
There are two knock sensors on the block for 05's and 06's as Barry said. I have pictures somewhere. I know I have posted them at some point.

MSD has a knock sensor with meter if you have an 04. You have to set the sensitivity of it however.

The MSD did show me during my run at the Nats that I was knocking badly. There is no indication for the stock sensors.
Hey bone, is the MSD unit just a stand alone (to monitor knock), or is this something that will communicate with the ecm and tell it to pull timing?? Got any pictures of the MSD setup?? I've been wanting to add knock sensors to mine (damn '04)

breederofkoi said:
Hey bone, is the MSD unit just a stand alone (to monitor knock), or is this something that will communicate with the ecm and tell it to pull timing?? Got any pictures of the MSD setup?? I've been wanting to add knock sensors to mine (damn '04)
Stand alone.

Pictures are somewhere on one of my build threads.

The difficult part is setting the sensitivity where it needs to be. However, it will easily detect definite knocking. When it knocks, it is time to stop.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back