kuhmo tires

DBRIAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running on Kuhmo tires, I was just about to order a set and thought I would see if anyone else is running them. If so how ya like em. Thanks. [im going to the track sunday and the POSrellis aint cuttin it].

kuhmos are a very hard compound most of the time. probably gonna spin easily :dontknow: never had good luck with them

DBRIAN said:
Anyone running on Kuhmo tires, I was just about to order a set and thought I would see if anyone else is running them. If so how ya like em. Thanks. [im going to the track sunday and the POSrellis aint cuttin it].
I had a set on my last Dodge Hemi Quad Cab ('03) and was thrilled with the grip, wet and dry, as well as handling. The Model is the Ecsta STX 265 60 17 108V
I researched these tires on Tire Rack, was satisfied with the number of reviews and miles driven on similar vehicles. I would do the same research for your vehicle (although I don't expect to see too many reviews for an SRT 10)on the Tire Rack website, it may help your decision.:) PS my '03 quad was the truck I traded in for the SRT 10. I kept the tires. They are mounted on Cragars. I put the original tires and rims back on when I traded the truck.

joemags54 said:
I had a set on my last Dodge Hemi Quad Cab ('03) and was thrilled with the grip, wet and dry, as well as handling. The Model is the Ecsta STX 265 60 17 108V
I researched these tires on Tire Rack, was satisfied with the number of reviews and miles driven on similar vehicles. I would do the same research for your vehicle (although I don't expect to see too many reviews for an SRT 10)on the Tire Rack website, it may help your decision.:) PS my '03 quad was the truck I traded in for the SRT 10. I kept the tires. They are mounted on Cragars. I put the original tires and rims back on when I traded the truck.
i had them on my 03 hemi quadcab. hated them. the falkens were 150 time better grip, even when i put them on the srt for a couple months. half bald falkens got me 150 miles home at 3 am in 15" of snow in the srt :D. imo they were the best tires ive ever had and and gonna put them on the srt next time i buy tires

I had a set of 20's on my Silverado. Loved em! Handled great! What time you going to the track?

I had a set of Ecsta's on my SS/T (17's). I liked them but found they were noisy. My father was driving my truck and I was at a gas pump filling up another vehicle. I wanted to hear the exhaust as he went by but all I heard was tires.

Hey, EMT, Probably get there around noon. Trying to talk the wife into racing my SRT8, [she chickened out last time]. Anyway,im planning on making a day of it, hope to see ya there. Thanks for all the tire info guys, now im really f&%^ing confused. [just kidding]. Guess ill give them a try, at that price, i can handle the noise, especially if they grip good at the dragstrip.

Last edited:
I have them on my car...Hooks like a mad-man, but wears quick.

Voodoo (Known as the Engineer) can chime in on his, he is running Khumos on his 05 RC

I really really like them, if u like the twisties the sidewall is soft and u have to kind of preload them for the turns, i cant say weather there better because what i have to compare them to was a 2 year old set of scorpions that i could roast in a second gear punch :burnout: i really like them but did change the way i drive in the twisties and am still not totally confident with them threw the turns.

pat drove my truck and has been with me several times when i have done a first gear punch and they seem to stick very well :dontknow:

ohhh yea, i think there one of the best looking tires i have seen :D :rock: :D

DBRIAN-----PM Kenny --(NBT)----he is running them on his S/C RC and likes them ----what price are you going to pay for the Kuhmos---Kenny may be able to hook you up cheaper

i can sell that tire for 174.00 each that includes mounting and balancing and install!

Love them....ran on them to the Mopar Nat's and back... zero issues. Pretty good grip too. No problems in the rain, no balancing problems, improved ride, and not noisy at all. I have about 3k on them to date.
I picked them up for 140.00 each.:rock: Not mounted or balanced.

VIPR PWR you get your's ordered yet?

Last edited:
Only thing I can say is the tires your looking at have "less" rubber hitting the road.....the "P's" have a wider tread foot print.
The more rubber hitting the road....better the traction! We fried those tires on my Truck.......

Quick

EMT/SRT said:
i can sell that tire for 174.00 each that includes mounting and balancing and install!
Do you sell tires? You are not that far away and my tires are pretty bald :burnout:

Back