"L" for Breakfast

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kraken slayed an "L" this morning and devoured it for breakfast. :eating: :rock:

I'm in the middle lane of a private test track at an undisclosed location and I see a Mineral Gray "L" behind me. He follows me for a bit, and I ease on the throttle to see if he keeps his distance or trys to fill the gap. He chose to fill the gap and not come off my tailgate any (he must be used to this view).

First Run) I've got my windows down, and the rear slider open and I point for him to get in the left lane. Then he holds up three fingers and then starts honking. I was already in 3rd and going 60MPH. :eek: I knew if I downshifted into 2nd I'd have to almost immediately shift into 3rd. So I left it in 3rd gear and on the his third honk we both nail it. He got a jump on me but, by the time I got to the top of 3rd and shifted into 4th I made some good ground and finally reeled him in when I was almost to the top of 4th and then he shut down.

2nd Run) We both had slowed down to 40MPH and I told (shouted) him I would go from his kick, no honking required. So we're both cruising at 40MPH and he drops the hammer. I smashed the loud pedal (2nd gear) and jumped out on him quite a bit, the gap got larger and larger with each gear change. I could hear his blower (cool sound! :rock: ) whining like hell, trying to make ground. I finally shut down at 130MPH. :D

We got side by side again and give each other the thumbs up (cool dude :cool:) and went on our merry ways. All in all it was a good run(s). The dude was cool, and the SRT10 took home the victory, couldn't ask for a better day! :rock: :rock: But then I had to come to work . . . :eek: :p :D

cool write up, hey i tightened the spring up on my push mower this weekend, gave me a few more rpms. i think its ready to take on a "L"

That's zacley how my day started. Except I was driving my 97 Breeze....and was beaten by an "L" by about two lengths. For every Mopar win....there is a Mopar loss.

WAZZSUP said:
That's zacley how my day started. Except I was driving my 97 Breeze....and was beaten by an "L" by about two lengths. For every Mopar win....there is a Mopar loss.

I bet your story is all over the "L" boards!! :p :rock: :D

eddie102870 said:
cool write up, hey i tightened the spring up on my push mower this weekend, gave me a few more rpms. i think its ready to take on a "L"

Put that baby on "rabbit" and let her eat! :rock: :rock: :D

Nice Roz!

You guys write really well. I would be like:

Ran into a L
2 runs
1st run starting from 60 mph he got the jump but I reeled him in
2nd run starting from 40 mph I kicked his ass and the L stood for LOSER!

:)

Yours sounds a lot better and make it more fun to read! :star: :star:

in defense of the L owner,,,let me start the excuse's

my foot slipped off the gas

i ran out of gas

i wasnt racing?

your truck is too ugly to race

:dontknow:

lightninquick said:
in defense of the L owner,,,let me start the excuse's

my foot slipped off the gas

i ran out of gas

i wasnt racing?

your truck is too ugly to race

:dontknow:

:rofl: :hahaha: :laugh: :D

mauiSRT/10 said:
130 mph, wow thats a good sized test track!!!!! LOL

I have never driven 130..........it would probably scare me!! LOL

patrick

By that time you would have to turn or hit water. ;)

mauiSRT/10 said:
130 mph, wow thats a good sized test track!!!!! LOL

I have never driven 130..........it would probably scare me!! LOL

patrick
really ?? i was racin' a stang ~140mph past a cop station one morn, no wait ----- it was a private test track...... yeah, that was it....;)

Roz-SRT said:
I'm in the middle lane of a private test track at an undisclosed location :eek: :p :D

lol i love this disclamer its good to use to keep everyone off your ass about racing :) its a keeper :)

I CANT BELIEVE YOU WERE RACING AT AN "UNDISCLOSED LOCATION"!!!!:D:D:D:D

Back