Latest paypal scams?

Discussion in 'Non-Offensive' started by fasnuff, Dec 15, 2011.

1. fasnuff

fasnuff Full Access Member

I have my truck up on craigslist, I have a lady that contacted me. Deal is she wants my paypal and address and what not, odd part is she gives me the usual crap about buying for someone else. She is out of town, can't get to her bank account so she will be using paypal so on and so forth. Any one come across a paypal scam yet? Isn't paypal secure enough to avoid scams? She gave me the I have a transport driver line, so I figure the part about me sending him the money will arise as soon as I contact her again. Just curious if this might be legit all though it feels just like a scam lol. May have to play with them for a while lol.

2. yellowfever#154

yellowfever#154 Full Access Member

Not sure about your schenario, but I have a bad feeling about one that I am going through right now. Some lady from Flordia sent me about $3600 via Paypal for something I have on kijiji, then backs out three days later telling me I took too long getting her a tracking number and wants her money back. She claims she bought the same item new locally during the three day wait, new is over $4500. So I tell her I think she is scamming me and that I'm going to contact Paypal. That was three days ago, I haven't called Paypal yet nor given her money back and she hasn't replied at all. I know if I was her I would be pissed and calling my ass every hour, if it was legit.

3. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

if you have ANY worries on paypal , call there fraud department, give them the persons info , email so on, let them check it out, they can tell you more than you know

but on any paypal deal, dotn ship or do anything, for about ten days after the money has cleared

4. yellowfever#154

yellowfever#154 Full Access Member

So after ten days all is clear? If the money is still there then it's legit?

5. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

thats what some fella told me at the fraud dept, and you will need to also keep every single email, but be sure to respond to each of there emails and have proof
    also have proof that you delivered what they asked for , they want a legit transaction

but talk to them, everytime I have to call them I get "basically" the same answers , but in different wording

it has something to do with time to respond on the money deal boss

6. Theol55

Theol55 VTCoA Board

If it dosen't feel right, don't do it. You have WAY to much to lose.

7. 505'sFastestViper.

505'sFastestViper. Full Access Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. rare03srt10

rare03srt10 Full Access Member

:rock: LMFAO

9. viperhauler

viperhauler Well-Known Member Supporting Member

anything over 10k HAS to go through the federal reserve. if you pay via paypal by ach or debit transaction, it's instant on both ends, i believe, but if you use paypal and use your bank or an echeck, then it can take up to 10 days to clear, even though the money is "in your account." YOU are liable if the check is bad and you've spent the money, as well.

most of those, "send me your paypal info" is a way to get into your email account... since you basically have an email account associated with paypal, for example. they can send spam and ads and viruses.

i don't respond to those types of emails.