Leather Seat Repair Kit?

KellyGa

Reaction score
Hey y'all, this is Kelly, Ian's wife. Been awhile I know. :) Hope everyone is doing fine. I have a question maybe someone could answer.

One of our (soon to be DEAD!) :mad: cats got into my truck and sharpened its claws on my seat, the leather part. I want to get a leather repair kit to hide the pock marks left. I called around to a Dodge dealership, hoping they had a repair kit that would already match the seat color, but they don't have any such thing. So, I called the auto parts store and they carry something called Permatex, but you have to mix the color yourself.

Have any of you ever mixed these and had good results? I am scared I won't match the color and it will look bad.

Is there really no way to buy a kit that matches the seat color already?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice y'all can give me!

I never tried anything like you're describing for the same reasons you're citing. I'd try looking for a local auto upholstery shop that specializes in leather seat repairs. Or call a local body shop, they may know of somebody who can do this work.

You'll need to find a cobbler or upholster who does work on leather repair. They can do a pretty good job in removing the knubs and matching/blending the color back however the real fix is actually replacing the damaged leather sections. Talk with the auto upholster and find out who is their local supplier. They'll have 100's of leather samples to help match up in both color and texture.

About the 3 week I owned my RC a cat had jumped into my open window and sprayed my front seat....GRRRRR! Had an upholster replace the seat foam and a perf'd leather section. Talk about relieved when it both removed the smell but looked factory original.

Last edited:
i burnt a hole in the srt8 charger one time and the seat cover was 600 bucks but it did match perfectly

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back