Leno's jet bike.....

Its a nice bike ..... when Nowwhat and My self and Robert went to rock store last year we saw it in person.... very cool toy.

He has way to many toys

ntw0rk said:
Wow!

Must have one helluva clutch system in it!
Shouldn't be a clutch or tranny for that matter. Jet propulsion, just a throttle to twist hehehe.

Though I did notice that the exhausts are pointed outward rather than rearward. I thought that it had rear facing exhausts earlier. Probably another bike that I saw.

OCBob said:
Shouldn't be a clutch or tranny for that matter. Jet propulsion, just a throttle to twist hehehe.

Though I did notice that the exhausts are pointed outward rather than rearward. I thought that it had rear facing exhausts earlier. Probably another bike that I saw.
The bike in that video has a chain on it. Would be interesting to see the drive system on it.

SilvrSRT10 said:
The bike in that video has a chain on it. Would be interesting to see the drive system on it.
Didn't notice that. I agree, I would love to see how they have the drive system set up. I guess it would work something like a helicopter does to drive the props. Didn't really think of that.

He's about cool as shit, drives and rides almost everything he owns. Sure will miss him when he leaves the "Tonight Show" and turns it over to that ignorant screwball!!

The "jet engine" on the bike is really just a turbine engine, much like the APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) on airliners.

It is a constant speed type engine. If you listen to the audio, once it is fully spooled up, it never changes rpms.

It may be driven much like an Air-Tractor. The exhaust from the engine drives an air pump, which turns the prop. This one could do the same thing through a clutch to the chain.

Maybe?! :dontknow:

ntw0rk said:
The "jet engine" on the bike is really just a turbine engine, much like the APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) on airliners.

It is a constant speed type engine. If you listen to the audio, once it is fully spooled up, it never changes rpms.

It may be driven much like an Air-Tractor. The exhaust from the engine drives an air pump, which turns the prop. This one could do the same thing through a clutch to the chain.

Maybe?! :dontknow:

You're pretty much dead on. It's a small gas turbine engine, and a gear box. Jet engine, but not jet propulsion... much like the helicopters I work on. Cool as shit indeed, but not as powerful as one might think:)

Think of a fan being pointed at at another fan in close proximity. Now turn one fan on and it will drive the other fan

The drive fan is the gas turbine engine, the driven fan is the power turbine and it is connected to a gear box.

Or you could blow into a pinwheel, you are the gas turbine, the pinwheel is the power turbine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back