Load Bearing Dyno VS Inertia Dyno...variances??

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a problem duplicating the dyno numbers given to me from True Performance. I can get within 80 rwhp of them but to me...thats a long way off. The excuse given to me is that the DYNO-mite dyno is load bearing, and that gives a more accurate number than a dynojet which just "spins a drum". The rep from Dyno-mite says that when you load the motor (add the weight of the truck), you will get the true performance out of the truck....especially on forced induction applications..he said.

Anybody believe any of this??

Yup, it is very true.

Load bearing is the best way to tune...but the dyno's are very expensive and not a lot of places have them.

That would be close bro,

there is alot of discrepencies in dyno numbers, but a load bearing can give you a better tune.

Another reason I hate dyno's :). Track's don't lie. You're making good power blake, you'll be ready next weekend, I promise.

I heard anywhere from 5-10% difference expected from the two.

If you are looking for numbers to brag about... spin the free wheelin drums. They will show the best numbers.
Load bearing dynos are a better tool for actual tuning especially for Turbo applications. Chassis Dynos are a tool for tuning though... so get a baseline at the dyno that is the most accessible and stick to that one dyno if you want to get some real numbers on actual gains from your mods.

LOL @ hating a dyno... Try tuning your rig at the track. The track is for fun and bragging rights, the dyno is the tool that keeps you from getting embarrassed at the track.

Steve
Miami Muscle

I'm not saying dyno's don't have their place, such as tuning, but for performance, the track is where it needs to be settled.

Blakewilder said:
Im having a problem duplicating the dyno numbers given to me from True Performance. I can get within 80 rwhp of them but to me...thats a long way off. The excuse given to me is that the DYNO-mite dyno is load bearing, and that gives a more accurate number than a dynojet which just "spins a drum". The rep from Dyno-mite says that when you load the motor (add the weight of the truck), you will get the true performance out of the truck....especially on forced induction applications..he said.

Anybody believe any of this??

more boost...Scotty.....we must have more boost...:D ....850...?...what a pussy...

1Fast400 said:
I'm not saying dyno's don't have their place, such as tuning, but for performance, the track is where it needs to be settled.

Yes... I agree... Bragging rights should only be handed out at the track.

I could give a dunkin' dognad about track times and dyno numbers. Give me that 'shot out of a cannon' feeling in a baddass looking car (read, full size truck:p ) and a boner inducing exhaust note and I'm satisfied....:rock:

Nowwhat said:
850...?...what a pussy...
Then I want to be Brianna Banks! :)

v8eater said:
I could give a dunkin' dognad about track times and dyno numbers. Give me that 'shot out of a cannon' feeling in a baddass looking car (read, full size truck:p ) and a boner inducing exhaust note and I'm satisfied....:rock:
PREACH ON, MY BROTHER!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back