Loose door ground effects

redhead55

Reaction score
My door effects are loose. I need info and parts to fix! Anybody fixed these before?

Its tons of work, but you can do it. The outer piece needs to come of and then there is a piece that is under that. Its all held on with double-back tape. For the removal of the double-back tape, I want to my local body shop supply store and bought a tape remover wheel. You put it in a drill and it removes the old tape. Then I used the bug and tar remover to get any residue. The last guy was right, get the 3m tape, it costs more, but is worth the extra money.
There are locating holes, in the door for the mounting piece, and the "barbs" that are on that will probably break when you take it off. I got some of the "barbs" from my local hardware store, the ones that hold door panels and stuff like that, the same kind used to hold on the engine cover to the hood. That way you can relocate the mounting base correctly.

Good luck, I did one door and it took me a couple of hours, but could do the second one much faster, now that I know how...

VPRRAM

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back