LOUD STOCK BRAKES!!

lightningKILLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I am proudly rolling to a stop I cant help but kringe when my brakes insist on sqeaking bad all the way to a hault. The dealer says "the srt's make a little brake noise" and they dont want to touch it. Truck only has 6k on it, and I dont want to replace the pads already! So what to do?

04's can change their brake pads. The rest of us have to suffer. Some have tried getting up to speed and slamming on the breaks. That helps.

i got ebc pads from boomer, get the rotors turned and they will quiet way down with the ebc pads. mine is a 05 qc

ya, I think im gonna go ahead and get them turned with the stock pads, and see if that doesnt do anything for it. If not Ill just get some new pads...You figured for a 50K truck your could get some quiet BRAKES!!

lightningKILLER said:
ya, I think im gonna go ahead and get them turned with the stock pads, and see if that doesnt do anything for it. If not Ill just get some new pads...You figured for a 50K truck your could get some quiet BRAKES!!
LK try these morse ceramic brake pads part number1085c at auto zone,hope that helps,i will be useing them when its time to replace mine.:) :burnout:

lightningKILLER said:
what they run ya @ autozone brat??
if i remember right they were about 65.00 or 70.00 bucks but i could be wrong my memory is not what it use to be.:dontknow: :dontknow:

i have the same annoying squeak on my 2005 rc. so i know what you mean. i have heared the ceramic get rid of that squeak. i also dont like all the brake dust on the wheels. man you just get your beast clean and then on your way home brake dust on the newly cleaned wheels. how do you clean the inside lip with out taking the wheels off?

DOnt bother with the expense of turning your rotors.
Just scuff them up and put either EBC pads(from Boomer) or the Autozone Performance Friction pads. Stock pads squeek like the devil

If they are performance (carbon-matallic) pads, they are going to squeak. Police cars do it.... Ferraris do it... It just has to be lived with... :(

FlyingLow said:
04's can change their brake pads. The rest of us have to suffer. Some have tried getting up to speed and slamming on the breaks. That helps.
sometimes i will get to about 20 mph in first, start adding a little break pressure and nail it and drive it down the street like that. it will make the noise go away for about it a day :D

Black1 said:
If they are performance (carbon-matallic) pads, they are going to squeak. Police cars do it.... Ferraris do it... It just has to be lived with... :(
Performance Friction pads (for 04 models) are carbon-metallic and they do not squeek and do not dust. ;)

Azmotorhead said:
DOnt bother with the expense of turning your rotors.
Just scuff them up and put either EBC pads(from Boomer) or the Autozone Performance Friction pads. Stock pads squeek like the devil
i disagree if you go with the ebc id have them turned i didnt at first and they still squeaked, so i took them back off and hed rotors turned then hit them with a da sander for good measure

dragon said:
i have the same annoying squeak on my 2005 rc. so i know what you mean. i have heared the ceramic get rid of that squeak. i also dont like all the brake dust on the wheels. man you just get your beast clean and then on your way home brake dust on the newly cleaned wheels. how do you clean the inside lip with out taking the wheels off?

Pressure wash, small hands (or get the wife / gf to do it) :dontknow: :p

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Pressure wash, small hands (or get the wife / gf to do it) :dontknow: :p

-Red

i agree with Patric! i get my girlfriend or my wife to clean it !!!!!
and i watch them while i drink a beer!!!!:D :D :D :D

lightningKILLER said:
Everytime I am proudly rolling to a stop I cant help but kringe when my brakes insist on sqeaking bad all the way to a hault. The dealer says "the srt's make a little brake noise" and they dont want to touch it. Truck only has 6k on it, and I dont want to replace the pads already! So what to do?

Well never mine the brakes and look at this!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back