Low rpm vibration

steve haladki

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 silver srt10 from its original owner. At idle it is very smooth and over 2200it smooths out but around 1500 a vibrating effect comes from the engine which is quite noticeable up to the low 2000’s. It is present with the clutch depressed or in neutral or standing still or in each gear as that rev range passes. Does anyone know what I should look for? We took it to the Dodge dealer where he bought and serviced it and they said there’s nothing wrong with it and many Viper engines do this. I have an old Chevelle with comparative horsepower but it stays smooth through the entire rev range. Otherwise it’s a pampered completely unmolested low mileage gem and I plan to continue to care for it as he did. Hoping someone can help or point me to where I can get help on Long Island NY. Thanks in advance, Steve

Could be an out of balance clutch disc. Felt it a few times before when a disc looses a puck/pad. Otherwise yup check plugs and wires. Also check vibration damper and ensure bolt is tight and damper isn't walking off crank.
Welcome to the madhouse :rock::burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back