Lowered susp with stock springs?

Jumpingjoe628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 RC appears to be lowered 3†in the rear with blocks and the front may be lowered as well. I just picked this thing up and still learning so excuse the lack of knowledge here. My ground height to center of each wheel well is all close to 33.5†with the fronts being about a 1/2†lower and the drivers side averaging about 1/2†lower than the pass side. I know this is a common theme due to gas tank, battery etc. I was checking the angle on my sway bars and current clearance from bump stops and it looks like the front has to be lowered too, possibly cut springs? The part # tag is still on them and it comes back to a stock spring. The sway bars are not parallel to the ground like they should be and I want to get the adjustable link ends, just wanna make sure that they won’t be too short or long due to front actually not being lowered.

Will the new link ends still work?
It’s a low mile truck with 26k on the clock and most of the hardware is still in great shape so I don’t think I’ll have any issues during disassembly. Gonna get some new shorter bump stops as well while I’m under there as they are indeed deteriorating and half gone as it is.

I guess I’m asking how many coils do the stock springs have vs what it would take to drop it a couple inches?

I had to cut my front and rear sway bar end links and then weld them back together when I lowered my truck.
I have the JTSVP 2/5" lowering kit.

I thought about that but I do like the adjustability in case down the road I decide to replace the springs with proper lowered ones and the height isn’t the same. I remember removing the springs from my 78 vette and ordering a set of moroso’s to cut. I cut 2 coils the first time and it was too low, ordered a 2nd set (they were only $75 a set) and cut 1 coil. That was not enough and had to remove them once again and cut another 1/2 coil and that made it right. Don’t wanna have to go through the process several times with this project. So knowing what others have cut to achieve a certain height in general will give me an idea of where I stand after I count what I have.

Should just get a set of springs from jtsvp, but reguardless you should change the sway bar end links. I used trw front sway bar endlinks from a 2008 f150 2wd. They are shorter than ours. On the back I went with a set of jmb shorter links.

I’m good with the ones that are on there and have already ordered the endlinks. Was just curious on what coil count equals how much drop from the stock set up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back