lowering question

ol' yeller

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help this newbie.....I recently bought a 05 qc SRT10. A friend of mine had a 05 qc 1500 5.7 hemi 2wd and has offered to give me his lowering kit (ground force) that he had on his truck. I am going to replace the shocks all round as they could use replacing from his kit that and I would like to go with something better. Too make a long story short will it fit or are there some differences between the two. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
If the rear is lowered by replacing the shackles, it should work. I don't know enough about the front to help you but I would think the springs or at least spring rates would be different between the vehicles. Someone here will know for sure.

You are on the wrong track in my opinion...your truck is not a 1500 no matter what it says...look at your frame...you will see a huge difference...ask your friend what his 1500 weights and then tell him you are a 5600 pound beast...

Call Gary Virgin at X-metal engineering. ((812) 453-4862)

He has built the kit that 95% of us have. He will ask you how low you want to go and will be able to send you the kit immediately. Most of us use his 1/2 kit (one inch down in the front, two inches in the rear...) Don't try to save dollars here...you will eventually go to the X-Metal kit...do it right the first time.

Welcome...use the search tool, there is a lot of very helpful info here, and everyone is willing to help.

Here is my 1/2 job:

IMG_0002-1.jpg

yeah srt-10s don't even use the 1500 frame frame wise they are 2500's if i am correct so no guarantee they will fit.

Yeah dude, you got a hot rod truck, you need the hot rod parts. I would call Gary (Boomer) at X metal and talk with him and just learn. Gary has lots of knowledge and packages and has lowered more SRT's than any other company.

Here is a pic of mine.

patrick

If he is going to give it to you take it put it on ebay and then buy the correct one for the truck:confused: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back