lowering rear end

snake2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to lower the rear end 1 to 2 inchs with out messing up the ride any suggestions would be apprecated

thats julian

snake2144 said:
i would like to lower the rear end 1 to 2 inchs with out messing up the ride any suggestions would be apprecated

thats julian
What do you have R/C or Q/C:dontknow:

06 QUAD

I NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE A VOLANT INTAKE DID YOU SEE ANY PEFORMANCE INCREASE FROM THIS

He had just a 2in block on his R/C and it looked good and did not change the handling. he went to the X-metal lowering kit

snake2144 said:
06 QUAD

I NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE A VOLANT INTAKE DID YOU SEE ANY PEFORMANCE INCREASE FROM THIS
Funny thing on R/C not really :dontknow: but on the Q/C very much so Volant did the install on the Q/C maybe that had some thing to do with it:dontknow:

Silent D said:
You can't.......trust me.....

D

Tim, you really need to get rid of those Pirelli's. When you do, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I've put a 1 1/2 block in on mine. I think the stance is perfect that way. I had tried a 2" block but felt it sat lower in the back than front looking at the space between the top of the tire and fender. I saw absolutely no change in handling. This mod is all about ascetics.

Originally I had some 1.75 inch blocks made and it sat level, which I liked the look of.

The one thing I noticed was that the turn in was not as quick as some weight was transferred to the rear this way.

I have since gone to the full X-Metal lowering kit and I'm happy with it. I did not have them slot the adjustments for Camber when they aligned it. Personally I like a little extra Camber as I like to push it in the corners and I prefer my vehicles to be loose. When it pushes all you can do is slow down and hope for the best.

Anyway, Zack (Bigred460) now has the original blocks I had made. Hopefully he will chime in and let you know how he likes them.

Silverback said:
Personally I like a little extra Camber as I like to push it in the corners and I prefer my vehicles to be loose. When it pushes all you can do is slow down and hope for the best.

Loose is better than tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like race day to me.............guess I watch too much Nascar!:D

patrick

I put 2" blocks in mine and it handles great. I did go with a different tire though.( BFG KDW'2s )

J.R.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back