machined rear calipers for 16" wheels.........

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my rear calipers back from my machinist friend, they look good !!! :rock:
best yet, no 6 - 8 hours with a hand grinder to achieve the same thing (more or less)...... :) this machining fit's the American Eagle 058's 16x10 wheels...

i've talked with him & he'd be willing to do others @ a price of $200.00 for both the rear calipers/brackets + shipping.... if the biggest catch is this forum vendor thang & since neither of us wanna be vendors, maybe tony could be if he was interested..... :dontknow:

either way, now i'm off to the local powder-coating place to get them looking all red again......
http://www.vancouverpowdercoating.com/iWeb/Vancouver Powder Coating/Welcome.html

btw, in case anyone is wondering, the thread size for the brake line hole is 10x1.0mm......
:)

Attachments

• P1010156.JPG
    P1010156.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 315
  • P1010157.JPG
    P1010157.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 349
  • P1010215.JPG
    P1010215.JPG
    943.6 KB · Views: 417
  • P1010216.JPG
    P1010216.JPG
    961.4 KB · Views: 305
  • P1010217.JPG
    P1010217.JPG
    932.5 KB · Views: 422
  • P1010218.JPG
    P1010218.JPG
    937.8 KB · Views: 308
  • P1010219.JPG
    P1010219.JPG
    935 KB · Views: 279
  • P1010220.JPG
    P1010220.JPG
    976.7 KB · Views: 313
  • P1010221.JPG
    P1010221.JPG
    930.4 KB · Views: 731
  • P1010159.JPG
    P1010159.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Looks good bro, if i wanted shaven calipers for 16's i would go this route with your guy cause hours of me doing that would be too boring and i would end up losing intrest with 1 half done caliper!

Wow, I didn't realize that much material had to be removed to fit the wheels.

FastRam said:
Wow, I didn't realize that much material had to be removed to fit the wheels.

those are for his 16's.

there are 17's that some folks use

ZCx said:
those are for his 16's.

there are 17's that some folks use
you are correct.....
17" will only fit drag radials which are better traction than street tires..... but if you're serious about traction, you need 16's to fit drag SLICKS (pictured in my first post)......... :)

below are pics of someone else's long, hard work hand grinding.....:( :

Attachments

• shave calipers.jpg
    shave calipers.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 514
  • shaved 3.jpg
    shaved 3.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 385
moparracing said:
you are correct.....
17" will only fit drag radials which are better traction than street tires..... but if you're serious about traction, you need 16's to fit drag SLICKS (pictured in my first post)......... :)

below are pics of someone else's long, hard work hand grinding.....:( :

great thanks. learned something:rock: :rock: :rock:

how much clearence does that give ya between the wheel & caliper?????

~1/8" clearance.... i went for maximum thickness of caliper vs minimum clearance to wheel...... :)

my calipers look thicker than the hand ground ones because of the uneveness of hand grinding vs machined.

also be aware of that when doing this mod, you'll need to cut down your clips & need to grind the brake pad tabs abit (seen in those hand ground pics above)...

Last edited:
Looks good Randy. I'm taking my rear end out next week. With your slicks you might want to upgrade your rearend like mine. I'll let you know if they can do what they say they can do.

HV SRT said:
Looks good Randy. I'm taking my rear end out next week. With your slicks you might want to upgrade your rearend like mine. I'll let you know if they can do what they say they can do.

yea Randy...upgrade your rear end :help: :confused: :p :p :p :D :D :D :reddy:

HV SRT said:
i think i'll be ok with just cryoing my spider gears for now... :)

local shop in hazeldell will pull 'em, cryo 'em & reinstall 'em..... good enough for fatjack is good enough for me. ;)

should get my caliper's back from powercoating on friday so i can get my truck together for the cryo gear guys to do their thang......
then it's PIR time, luis - let's go. :D

Thanks for sharing, thinking of doing this myself.
FYI, Hoosiers make a 17" Drag slick, part# 18157, 28.0"/10.0-17

moparracing said:
i think i'll be ok with just cryoing my spider gears for now... :)

local shop in hazeldell will pull 'em, cryo 'em & reinstall 'em..... good enough for fatjack is good enough for me. ;)

should get my caliper's back from powercoating on friday so i can get my truck together for the cryo gear guys to do their thang......
then it's PIR time, luis - let's go. :D

let me know man....i just started a new job and dont wanna request to many days off in the first month..but we will go for sure!!!:rock: :rock:

moparracing said:
two jobs? yer a workin' nut...... :rock:

always bro....one day ill be the BOSS and dont have to worry about doing all the hard work...til then, i ll do it :burnout:

plus i like my toys :rock: :rock: i almost gave up the 10...but i managed the way to keep it...times are rough out there :eek:

Back