MagnaFlow CatBack Installation Issue...

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05' RC...i bought a catback system a few days ago...i went to go get it installed and when they were mounting up the rear section of the system (Near the spare tire), it wouldnt clear the spare tire...it was just in the way...so i just took out the spare and put it in the bed...every thing else fit fine...it just seems like theres just not enough room. any thoughts????:dontknow:

Last edited:
Thats weird, it should fit. Mine just clears it barely. Gotta make sure all the pipes are snug and tight. Did you get it welded? I had to, shit clamps wouldnt ever seal completly. How do you like the sound? I love mine.\\

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats weird, it should fit. Mine just clears it barely. Gotta make sure all the pipes are snug and tight. Did you get it welded? I had to, shit clamps wouldnt ever seal completly. How do you like the sound? I love mine.\\

patrick

There shouldn't be any clearance issues with the tire. You may have to position the tire with your hands to make it fit just right, but it will clear. Also, you may need to turn the clamps up or down. This will give you another 1.5" or so.

Last edited:
Its a tight fit but it should go in without too much trouble. I removed my spare for installation and then "shifted" the exhuast to the right a little. When putting the spare back in you have to hold it to the left a little for it to pull up all the way with no clearance issues.

While it should fit...most of us just drop the spare in the garage...have someone bring it to you if you have a flat...it looks terrible on the truck anyway, different size, ugly wheel...etc.

Prof said:
While it should fit...most of us just drop the spare in the garage...have someone bring it to you if you have a flat...it looks terrible on the truck anyway, different size, ugly wheel...etc.

Yup, that was the first mod....remove 74lbs of dead weight ;)

thanks guys...ill try remounting the tire and holding it to the opposite side. BTW...i love the sound..and the power difference.. along with a Volant Ram Air kit...it all made a nice difference in the performance of my truck...

Mine only just cleared...i too like patrick will have to get mine welded. Leaks like crazy!!

guys....one thing:

mount everything loose and adjust it slowly.....

I recently had to go and adjust a few peices of this setup, and it got rid of all my leaks and hanger problems

nwappleby said:
guys....one thing:

mount everything loose and adjust it slowly.....

I recently had to go and adjust a few peices of this setup, and it got rid of all my leaks and hanger problems

Sage advice!

I did almost the same thing...sent it to Roe Racing had them take their time and paid my bill...no problems at all!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back