magnaflow catback installed

Mr_hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we are. Catback installed. Well, not easy as 1-2-3, becouse I was working on the ground, and 2 clamps very difficult to leave, but not difficult like the old musclecars.

Now I'm too tired, tomorrow i'll start the engine. :rock:

Rock on !!

Andrea

Alright Andrea, get er done dude!!!

If you take out the spare tire, it makes for more room under there for the install.

Lots of us have welded those pipes. Clamps are for shit.

Let us know how you like the sound when your awake!!! LOL

patrick

I can't believe that you went through all that and got it done and didn't at least reach in and start her up! Oh well, when you do you'll love the sound!:D

Stretch

You will enjoy it, I just installed mine this last Saturday. I did have the spare off, and it took us about 45 min on the ground to do the entire swap. Sounds great! :rock:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Alright Andrea, get er done dude!!!

If you take out the spare tire, it makes for more room under there for the install.

Lots of us have welded those pipes. Clamps are for shit.

Let us know how you like the sound when your awake!!! LOL

patrick

I read the post about the leak of catback, and I know that clamps are not so good, becouse the didn't close 360° the pipe. Sure I'll weld them, not now btw.

amoparman said:
I can't believe that you went through all that and got it done and didn't at least reach in and start her up! Oh well, when you do you'll love the sound!:D

Stretch

LOL you know what ? I've a 1975 chevy corvette with 383 engine, and a 1971 pontiac trans am 455 HO. I'm sorry about that, but the sound of V8 is unbeatable..... Beethoven simphony for my ears ;), so a V10 can wait.... just 1 day at least !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I see you have a 1967 fury..... so you know what I'm talkin about :) )

Mr_hd said:
LOL you know what ? I've a 1975 chevy corvette with 383 engine, and a 1971 pontiac trans am 455 HO. I'm sorry about that, but the sound of V8 is unbeatable..... Beethoven simphony for my ears ;), so a V10 can wait.... just 1 day at least !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I see you have a 1967 fury..... so you know what I'm talkin about :) )

Yes I do know what you're talking about:) Love my 383 in the Fury, the Demon had a 383 as well as my old RR. Had the 440 in my Charger and my 76 3/4 Dodge Truck. No small blocks for me!:burnout:

Stretch

Man, started the engine....... good deep sound, but too much noise in the cab IMHO.

I sow some oil in the pipes ( cut oil i suppose), and when I started the engine, from the garage to the house( after 5 min of idle), I sow white smog from the rear, and smell of hot oil. May be is better wash the pipes before install it ?? I think I've to have a good run to eliminate the oil.

Andrea

amoparman said:
Yes I do know what you're talking about:) Love my 383 in the Fury, the Demon had a 383 as well as my old RR. Had the 440 in my Charger and my 76 3/4 Dodge Truck. No small blocks for me!:burnout:

Stretch
Do you have a Pic of it someplace :dontknow:

Make sure you retighten the clamps after about 100 miles, I had some loosening and leaks on mine that were fixed when retightened.

greatone61 said:
Make sure you retighten the clamps after about 100 miles, I had some loosening and leaks on mine that were fixed when retightened.

thanks, i'll do it ;)

Now get some headers and high flow cats (or no cats at all;) ), and it'll scream!!!:rock:

hell, leak a lot just out the muffler, and a little bit at the end (at idle). I'll try to change the clamps, before welding them.

IMHO the best sound results are achieved with total cat delete, (added 38 rwhp too) insertion of resonators between the headers (Mopar long tube in my case) then the Magnaflow. There is still considerable cab noise between 2300 and 3300 rpm...but that range is very easy to avoid in normal driving. (Under WOT who cares about cab noise.) The resonators kill the ricey sound.

The added benefit of the resonators...if you live in a state that has emissions checks...they can be temporarily replaced with flow thru cats for inspection purposes.

Not making judgements about other approaches, just trying to give a perspective that some may have not considered...

Prof said:
IMHO the best sound results are achieved with total cat delete, (added 38 rwhp too) insertion of resonators between the headers (Mopar long tube in my case) then the Magnaflow. There is still considerable cab noise between 2300 and 3300 rpm...but that range is very easy to avoid in normal driving. (Under WOT who cares about cab noise.) The resonators kill the ricey sound.

The added benefit of the resonators...if you live in a state that has emissions checks...they can be temporarily replaced with flow thru cats for inspection purposes.

Not making judgements about other approaches, just trying to give a perspective that some may have not considered...

Where can you get these resonators, and why and how do they remove a ricey sound?

There is no ricey sound to be heard with no cats, so I am not following you...:dontknow:

With my setup, Mopar headers and magnaflow...under heavy acceleration the sound was distinctly "buzz"...the resonators did two things, eliminated the rice under full throttle and significantly reduced the rpm range of resonance in the cab.

Any place that has the Magnaflow will have the magna flow flow-thru resonators...

Back