magnaflow muffler install......

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally modified my cat-back stock exhaust, with help from Punk's Muffler in B.G. ........ Had Punk swap in a v-10 magnaflow muffler & remove the resonator, it sounds awesome !!!! sure it's only 2.5" exhaust pipes, but total cost was under $300.00 ....... Feels like a few extra hp from the butt dyno too.... i love it.

now, if i can get my gen 4 shifter & midpipes w/sims from Boomer, i'd be set !!!

Not bad mang but for $500 you could've had 3'' SS tubing with dual 4'' SS polished tips!! :dontknow:

Good pricing, great mod, congrats.

Is the stock piping 2.5" in diameter? I dont see why a 0.5" increase in tuning diameter would be benefitial in terms of effective flow increase vs. power increase (money-wise as well)

RedRamRules said:

Is the stock piping 2.5" in diameter? I dont see why a 0.5" increase in tuning diameter would be benefitial in terms of effective flow increase vs. power increase (money-wise as well)

I agree !!!

mauiSRT/10 said:
If your happy then all is well brother!!

Congrats on the new tone!!! I love my magnaflow!!

patrick
:dito: :dito: :dito: I love m ine too :D

RedRamRules said:

This is a common misconception RRR.

A 2.5 diameter pipe gives you a cross section area of 4.91 inches. A 3.0 diameter pipe is 7.07 square inches. That is a 44% increase in area, and that is significant.

Silverback said:

A 2.5 diameter pipe gives you a cross section area of 4.91 inches. A 3.0 diameter pipe is 7.07 square inches. That is a 44% increase in area, and that is significant.

crazy old man....

Silverback said:

Thanks for clarifying that Silver, I never thought of it that way. I think of volumetric flow of exhaust, and for a 0.5" increase in diameter figured it wouldn't mean much. I doubt I will upgrade all my plumbing though, too much $$$ :(

Silverback said:

that is a good point, but doesn't mean much if you stay with the stock headers & midpipes (2.5")....... right ?

Last edited:
Just bought my Yellow Fever QC a week ago and looking to change the exhaust. Was looking at the Magnaflow from X-Metal. I want it to sound good. Was told some sound like an Indy Car but I prefer it to sound like a muscle car. Any suggestions? Just want to keep my warranty valid since I fought so hard for it. Thanks! Mike

YELLOW FEVER #016 said:
Just bought my Yellow Fever QC a week ago and looking to change the exhaust. Was looking at the Magnaflow from X-Metal. I want it to sound good. Was told some sound like an Indy Car but I prefer it to sound like a muscle car. Any suggestions? Just want to keep my warranty valid since I fought so hard for it. Thanks! Mike

A V10 is never going to sound like a V8. The firing pulses are different and since it's a 90 degree V10 it's not even firing.

I have Boomer's 3" mid pipes without the cats, and the 3" Magnaflow cat back so my exhaust is 3" all the way. It sounds real good guys.

Bill.

Begood said:
I have Boomer's 3" mid pipes without the cats, and the 3" Magnaflow cat back so my exhaust is 3" all the way. It sounds real good guys.

Bill.

Except at the bends right? The mids aren't mandrel bent, so I think they go down to 2.5".....

YELLOW FEVER #016 said:

You do the mids and the exhaust and it'll sound awesome. Do the headers and it'll sound even better. Just don't expect for this V10 to sound like a V8 or a Indy Car....:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back