Magnaflow muffler

Speed Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the posts about my slow 1/8 mile times I started checking into a few things. I was running 93 octane with octane boost. I noticed I am getting black soot out of my tailpipe. (Now what might cause this?) When I had my muffler put on they guy just whacked it off and placed the magnaflow on there. Afte rthat I noticed some strange rpm changes. Is this where the O2 sensors are? I noticed on the original muffler there are 2 connectors. I have no idea what they are for but I am assuming he just left these hanging (Steve's muffler shop, Arkansas get my drift).
Can i get some input guys?

Perry

the o2 sensors are in the piping next to the catylitic converters. the muffler is in the back, far away from them. a cut in muffler is a decent mod, and won't affect anything negatively.

when you say the original had 2 connectors, are you talking about 2 inlet pipes? got pics?

AWDisuzu said:
the o2 sensors are in the piping next to the catylitic converters. the muffler is in the back, far away from them. a cut in muffler is a decent mod, and won't affect anything negatively.

when you say the original had 2 connectors, are you talking about 2 inlet pipes? got pics?
No pics: there was the muffler then what looks like 2 small fuel lines (I know they arent fule lines but resemble them) that come off the muffler, one feeder line on the other side of it. (If I could figure out how to add pics to these durn mesages I would take some. (I kept the old muffler).

thanks for the input,
Perry

I Can't remember what the OEM muffler looked like exactly but I'm you're fine on the muffler. I had two Flowmasters welded in place of the stocker and then changed to a Dual In/Dual Out Magnaflow. I highly doubt the muffler change is affecting your RPMs.

the soot on your tailgate is an indication of the truck running rich...need the stage II!:rock: :burnout:

Speed Racer said:
No pics: there was the muffler then what looks like 2 small fuel lines (I know they arent fule lines but resemble them) that come off the muffler, one feeder line on the other side of it. (If I could figure out how to add pics to these durn mesages I would take some. (I kept the old muffler).

thanks for the input,
Perry

Those would be the hanger hooks!!

Most of our trucks run a little rich...it is a safety precaution...lean is very dangerous.

If he is running the octane boost too that may be the cause of the black soot. Try running for a while with out it and see what happens.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back