MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS

Yellow venom

Boosted Venom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions on the Magnaflow muffflers,I am looking at the round center/center ones 3" I.D Inlet and what's the difference on the outside diameter ones?There's 4",5",6" and 7",Is it the bigger the diameter the quieter it is?And the lengths? Same,longer the quieter?
I am thinking of using a 6" outer diameter that is 14" long round body stainless steel polished ones?:burnout:

Hey FSTJACK what would recomend for size wise?Am I in the right area,I would like it louder but I don't want it so sound like its coming straight out of the headers! When its WOT yeah it can scream!!!! but when I am warming it up and going slow I don't need the neighbours 8 blocks down hearing it! LOL!

Sound or noise is a very subjective thing.

Are you running the stock cats? If so that will quiet things down some.

I personally like things on the quiet side so it is going to be your call.

I would run an X pipe before the mufflers as it will help performance, it will also take some of the Corvair like tone away.

FSTJACK said:
Sound or noise is a very subjective thing.

Are you running the stock cats? If so that will quiet things down some.

I personally like things on the quiet side so it is going to be your call.

I would run an X pipe before the mufflers as it will help performance, it will also take some of the Corvair like tone away.

I like the deeper tone,I have Bassani's on the way and catless mids waiting to be put on,I am going with the X-pipe and then 2 magnaflow mufflers, I am just trying to narrow down the right mufffler,Excellent advice FSTJACK.:rock:
If I go with bigger pipe after the mufflers will that deepen the tone?from 3" to 3 1/2"?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back