Magnaflows Cat Back installed

attila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with right tools it was a piece of cake!

raised the truck on ramps, put some jack stands for security, soaked the junctions with WD-40, then unbolt the clamps (not really removed since soldered to the pipes) then pointed my feet to the muffler and pulled the pipe. After some tries I arrange to remove them.

installing was the easy part.

Thanks Mr Hd who told me to remove the spare tire.

as usual those pipes leak, but I don't give a damn! :D

great sound! I love it now :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• maggy_0.jpg
    maggy_0.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 217
  • maggy_1.jpg
    maggy_1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 195
  • maggy_2.jpg
    maggy_2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 186
Great news, it really sounds much better than stock.

Bill.

The sound is awesome... I don't have the tools or TALENT to do it so I paid my local wrench-monkey $100.

Best $$$ spent yet on my 10!

attila said:
with right tools it was a piece of cake!

raised the truck on ramps, put some jack stands for security, soaked the junctions with WD-40, then unbolt the clamps (not really removed since soldered to the pipes) then pointed my feet to the muffler and pulled the pipe. After some tries I arrange to remove them.

installing was the easy part.

Thanks Mr Hd who told me to remove the spare tire.

as usual those pipes leak, but I don't give a damn! :D

great sound! I love it now :rock: :rock: :rock:

I love my Magnaflow also. The first day I got it I just drove around for like 6 hours Listening to it.

If you like the magnaflows, you should try the Bassanis and JMB catless mids. I had a boner for the first week. Than I fat matted my rear panel, much less vibration and resonance. She be loud tho.

After all these post and reading around...I think Magnaflow is the
way to go...Next spring first mod i think it will be...:D

I installed the Magnaflow but this weekend took it back off. I couldn't get past the in cab resonance and I had a high pitched tone at about 1750 RPM. :( I really liked the exotic sound it made under acceleration but driving around town the problems mentioned got on my nerves. I may put it back on eventually. Maybe I'm just getting old and prefer a quieter truck.:dontknow:

If your pipes are too loud... you're getting old! :D

By the way we drove about 300 miles last weekend and resonance is pretty high inside, especially @3000 rpm. That is not enough to make me remove them, headers are even on the way!

I'm thinking to stick some Dynamat in the rear panel too! even on the floor under the carpet.

attila said:
If your pipes are too loud... you're getting old! :D

By the way we drove about 300 miles last weekend and resonance is pretty high inside, especially @3000 rpm. That is not enough to make me remove them, headers are even on the way!

I'm thinking to stick some Dynamat in the rear panel too! even on the floor under the carpet.

i bought the B&B's ... let's hope it's better and no resonance...:dontknow: :D

if they resonate, just stick a couple of waffels inside the muffler, and some under the back panel carpet huahauhuaaaa

I have the B&B setup and no resonance in the cab. Deep throaty tone turns into a roar above 4K RPM.

The Billy Boat is pricey but I think has some advantages for an old fart like me who likes to listen to tunes and conversation while driving.

The Magnaflow sounds great though if you can stand the drone. You just can't cruise at certain RPMs unless you want your brains rattled.

Last edited:
attila said:
if they resonate, just stick a couple of waffels inside the muffler, and some under the back panel carpet huahauhuaaaa

WITH OR WITHOUT SUGAR :dontknow: HOT OR COLD :dontknow:

hunter_angler said:
I have the B&B setup and no resonance in the cab. Deep throaty tone turns into a roar above 4K RPM.

The Billy Boat is pricey but I think has some advantages for an old fart like me who likes to listen to tunes and conversation while driving.

The Magnaflow sounds great though if you can stand the drone. You just can't cruise at certain RPMs unless you want your brains rattled.

Then we are with 2 !:D :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back