minor questions

belgiumbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hallo everyone, hope for some help :

1) where can i cut the alarm ( tinktinktink.... ) as with open doors and key in or safety belts ,without disturbing other functions ?

2) there's a light ratling on the shifter ( stock ) while driving , so up to now i'm used to keep some fingers on it to avoid the noise. Is this a know problem and eventually how to solve ?

thanks for advice , enjoy your trucks !

u can unplug the seat.

i don't know about the door w/keys

There should be a chime module under the dash somewhere. I think it would be as simple as unplugging it but I don't know what effect it will have on other systems. A harmonic resonance can be quieted by wrapping the lower shifter arm in rubber but the stock shifter has an isolator between the lower and upper arms to do this. It might be the little jamb nut under the shift knob isn't tight.

You can't just unplug the ding.. theere is a box under the dash called the bcm, find it and drill a hole in the speaker..

BigRed460 said:
You can't just unplug the ding.. theere is a box under the dash called the bcm, find it and drill a hole in the speaker..
Haven't tried it on my SRT, but it worked on my Hemi. I assumed you tried it and it didn't work?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back