Mopar Gen IV hybrid install... underway

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made the 3.5hr trip to A.R.T. , just south of Austin. David Weaver is a true gentleman and a standup guy. We went through all the parts of the kit, and I got a tour of the shop. Lots of great looking Vipers... GTS, ACRs, and a couple of race cars. They also have a Rossion there, which is a rare car.

Strapped my truck to their dyno to get a baseline... kicked out 441rwhp/490rwtq SAE. Vehicle has a DC tune, drop-in K&N filter, B&B hi-flow cat mid-pipe, and B&B cat-back. So it is basically a virgin truck.

Beyond the Gen IV kit, they will be installing a Roe Viper clutch slave/MC and Centerforce clutch, JTSVP oil and PS cooler lines, and Belanger headers w/ hi-flow cats. They will use the Mopar flash tune for a baseline after the install, and then attempt to use my SCT to tune it themselves to see if the #s can be improved upon.

Will report back as progress is made. After looking things over, David and Chris believe it will be a pretty straightforward install... but this is kit #1 that Mopar shipped, so we'll see if there are any snafus.

Nice, any time frame on when it'll be done? And what's the ballpark price for install and everything

Ballpark will be in the $11.5-12.k range all buttoned up, including the headers. like I said in a previous post... definitely not the most cost-effective way to reach the performance goal that I have for the truck, BUT... it should be as reliable as a stock truck, pass a sniffer, and drive like a stocker until you mash the throttle.

It will be very interesting to see what the dyno shows. I don't know what 150hp (flywheel) translates to at the rear wheels. Drivetrain losses are educated guesses at best. But we will have substantiated gains at the rear wheels. Would be great to see 540+.

David feels like, if things go as planned, it should be buttoned up on Friday and then they can start the tuning process. The injector wiring harness has to be modified (soldered and heat shrink), so that is some additional time they were not expecting.

I'm definitely not rushing them. If for some reason the SCT programming will not work properly (they believe it should, but again... there is no way to be 100% certain at this point), then we'll just go with the Mopar tune. I have an extra ECM to play with. Also, this was Belanger's first set of these headers... shouldn't be a problem, but again... its a big guinea-pig right now.

Wow, they'll be balls to the wall to get it installed by Friday, it uses the factory cam or comes with a different one?

I'd guess more like 570-575, think drivetrain loss is about 18% on the rc

Last edited:
Wow, they'll be balls to the wall to get it installed by Friday, it uses the factory cam or comes with a different one?

I'd guess more like 570-575, think drivetrain loss is about 18% on the rc

stock cam. comes with different rocker arms and pushrods, since the valvetrain geometry is different for the Gen IV heads.

they will be taking pics and sending them to me... this is kind of an R&D project since it is the first kit Mopar sold and shipped out.

and while I agree that 3 days is not much time to do it, David said it would be up on the rack getting torn apart this afternoon. That's one reason I went with these guys... we set an appointment, so they expected my truck to be there, and they'll get right on it. It's another reason I waited until I had all the parts, including the reflashed ECM... I didn't want A.R.T. waiting on things either.

We'll see. It's not a complete teardown or anything, so that helps I'm sure. David and Chris felt like it would be straightforward, and one good thing is that they don't have to go in and mess with someone else's work. :)

Sounds like a pretty sick set-up. I'm sure David will take good care of you. They did the build on my truck, and I had no complaints.

Congrats on being the first w/ this set up! Keep us up to date with pics and details, as well as dyno #'s.

That's going to be a killer setup:chain:

Just curious why your not swapping the cam?

That's going to be a killer setup:chain:

Just curious why your not swapping the cam?

Honestly, if the kit makes a 150hp gain as advertised, I'll be more than happy. I am sure there is some more power to be had with a cam, but in the heavy truck, that would need to be even more well-thought-out. The Mopar flashed ECM is not designed with a cam...so that means more custom tuning... which may be able to be done, or possibly not.

Again, I didn't want to throw another variable into the mix.

Also, I want stock driveability. That's one reason I've always gone with forced induction in my vehicles. And just as important, this thing has to pass emissions testing which is pretty strict where I live in the suburbs of N. Dallas.

Honestly, if the kit makes a 150hp gain as advertised, I'll be more than happy. I am sure there is some more power to be had with a cam, but in the heavy truck, that would need to be even more well-thought-out. The Mopar flashed ECM is not designed with a cam...so that means more custom tuning... which may be able to be done, or possibly not.

Again, I didn't want to throw another variable into the mix.

Also, I want stock driveability. That's one reason I've always gone with forced induction in my vehicles. And just as important, this thing has to pass emissions testing which is pretty strict where I live in the suburbs of N. Dallas.

It will be more of a ''SLEEPER'' without a cam:D

This will be a fun one to follow

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back