MOPARS IN ASHBURTON

Big weekend at Ashburton. Over 200 cars. Mostly Aussie Mopars. Valiants slant 225's, Hemi 245 and 265 but the baby blue one is a Chrysler Limo 360 V8 The other V8's are 318's
View attachment 65138 View attachment 65139 View attachment 65140 View attachment 65141 View attachment 65142 View attachment 65144 View attachment 65145 View attachment 65146
Hey Kiwi. The other weekend I was on youtube searching for different exhaust sounds, and came across your video. Your truck sounds great.

Oh man that's great!! My first car was a valiant with a 225 slant six. My Grandma had a Dart with a 318 and I could never convince her to trade me!!! :cool:

Thanks for the pics of the show. Your truck looks great!

Oh man that's great!! My first car was a valiant with a 225 slant six. My Grandma had a Dart with a 318 and I could never convince her to trade me!!! :cool:
Hahaha .. mine was a Plymouth duster when I was 16 . 225 slant six also . I put in a shift kit in the 904 torqueflite trans , Cragar mag wheels , headers and a homemade dual exhaust using glass pack mufflers.. max top end was 110 mph . Those 225 slant sixes cannot be blown up even sitting in park with the pedal to the floor for an hour hahaha .
That car was the begging of my mechanic learning days and hot riding .

Hahaha .. mine was a Plymouth duster when I was 16 . 225 slant six also . I put in a shift kit in the 904 torqueflite trans , Cragar mag wheels , headers and a homemade dual exhaust using glass pack mufflers.. max top end was 110 mph . Those 225 slant sixes cannot be blown up even sitting in park with the pedal to the floor for an hour hahaha .
That car was the begging of my mechanic learning days and hot riding .
I loved my valiant! And you're right it's almost impossible to do a 225 slant under unless you really mean to :cool:

I just can't figure out what transmission was in my valiant. It was a 1968 with a three on the tree

I loved my valiant! And you're right it's almost impossible to do a 225 slant under unless you really mean to :cool:
But I tried and tried hahaha it was wrecked in the driveway but still ran .. and I didn’t want to repair it again and that’s when I bought my first 340 duster .with my insurance money . Got broadsided at a red light by a pick up truck .

But I tried and tried hahaha it was wrecked in the driveway but still ran .. and I didn’t want to repair it again and that’s when I bought my first 340 duster .with my insurance money . Got broadsided at a red light by a pick up truck .
Ouch!!

It was I 6 accidents over it life ! Not one of them was my fault .. I replaced body parts and was as good as new ,,parts in the right color were plentiful , it never had any frame damage . But after the last hit the drivers side was swiped from front to back . Another fender complete door and a lot of rear quarter Parnell damage to fix .. ripped the door handle and mirror right off .. even after all the times repaired the guys insurance still gave me more than I paid for the car when I bought it .. the guy in the pickup tried to run ,, the problem he didn’t know is I saw him , recognized him as one of the local bar hang drunks and I new his name and he was headed down a dead end hahaha . I guess he realized the dead end and finally turned around and came back . My wife was about to pop being pregnant .. Nobody was injured but we never signed off on the possibility with his insurance with her being pregnant.
Then the day of the 340’s began .. the ex killed another 340 I bought in top sharp for 100$ looked brand new and was the hi compression model with the factory wing . She wrecked it into an embankment hittin and spinning out 3 times leaving tire tracks over 150 feet .. called me and told me she ran into a ditch ! Wow like it wasn’t obvious when I went to my work and got the tow truck . Only had the car for 3 weeks . The unexplained part was why a clean fresh bear can was stuck under the passenger side door under the car ,, yes she was a cheating , lying POS that was caught for times outright . Still have no idea who else was in the car then . If it wasn’t for the kids she would have been out the door ,,, Hind sight says I should have tossed her anyway .

It was I 6 accidents over it life ! Not one of them was my fault .. I replaced body parts and was as good as new ,,parts in the right color were plentiful , it never had any frame damage . But after the last hit the drivers side was swiped from front to back . Another fender complete door and a lot of rear quarter Parnell damage to fix .. ripped the door handle and mirror right off .. even after all the times repaired the guys insurance still gave me more than I paid for the car when I bought it .. the guy in the pickup tried to run ,, the problem he didn’t know is I saw him , recognized him as one of the local bar hang drunks and I new his name and he was headed down a dead end hahaha . I guess he realized the dead end and finally turned around and came back . My wife was about to pop being pregnant .. Nobody was injured but we never signed off on the possibility with his insurance with her being pregnant.
Then the day of the 340’s began .. the ex killed another 340 I bought in top sharp for 100$ looked brand new and was the hi compression model with the factory wing . She wrecked it into an embankment hittin and spinning out 3 times leaving tire tracks over 150 feet .. called me and told me she ran into a ditch ! Wow like it wasn’t obvious when I went to my work and got the tow truck . Only had the car for 3 weeks . The unexplained part was why a clean fresh bear can was stuck under the passenger side door under the car ,, yes she was a cheating , lying POS that was caught for times outright . Still have no idea who else was in the car then . If it wasn’t for the kids she would have been out the door ,,, Hind sight says I should have tossed her anyway .

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees! And as they say hindsight is 20/20 :cool:

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees! And as they say hindsight is 20/20 :cool:
Exactly .. but it seems to be more than we would like or at least me hahaha.. variety is the spice of life but they don’t include the part that’s good or bad variety.. NEXT ! Hahaha

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back