My Qc VS. Fxdx Harley

Annu Kumar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local Buddy had challenged me to race his 2005 fxdx Harley bike, he bored out his motor to 116 cubic inches and is pumping out 138 Hp. He has also got a Thunder Header. My Qc got cats delete, Gibsons, Stage2 100 octane tune, caltracs. He wants to race on top end as well. He thinks it would be a interesting race. But I have no Clue on modded Harleys:dontknow: What do you guys think.

he'll KILL you and laugh the whole time, my sportster with a 73inch motor runs 13.1 and i weigh 240lbs

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
he'll KILL you and laugh the whole time, my sportster with a 73inch motor runs 13.1 and i weigh 240lbs

Yeppers , a stock 74" shovel head wih a 56 tooth rear sprocket will turn in the 11 sec. bracket, so with his mods you should be toast.

includemeout said:
Yeppers , a stock 74" shovel head wih a 56 tooth rear sprocket will turn in the 11 sec. bracket, so with his mods you should be toast.
11's?? i'm not so sure about that

The power to weight ratio of a motorcycle makes it an unfair race. Get a motorcycle and race him, or tell him to get a truck. That way it's apples to apples.

Bill.

Well if he doesn't beat you he needs to sell that and by a Gold Wing heheh. But tell it's ok, you meet the nicest people on a Honda LOL.

he may beat ya in a 1/4 mile but I know for a fact you should be able to get him at top end if you dont run out of road or balls :p :marchmellow:

Annu Kumar said:
He said it weighs 800lbs with him on it
800lbs with 138hp is 5.7lbs per hp, your truck is about 5600lbs with you in it 460hp at the wheels is 12.17hp per pound......

My Buell has just over 100 hp and it is way faster than my truck.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
11's?? i'm not so sure about that
I am , it was backed up with an 11.22 in 1978( in Washington), It was a supeglide out of Florida( daily rider). The bike had about 40,000 miles on it with a new top end,stock bendix carb,stock lowrider headers, and a sifton cam, i believe it was a 412 ( legal for stock class)

You would be amazed what a gearing change can do for a big twin.:rock:

includemeout said:
I am , it was backed up with an 11.22 in 1978( in Washington), It was a supeglide out of Florida( daily rider). The bike had about 40,000 miles on it with a new top end,stock bendix carb,stock lowrider headers, and a sifton cam, i believe it was a 412 ( legal for stock class)

You would be amazed what a gearing change can do for a big twin.:rock:
wow the only harley street bikes i've seen that quick(personally) are the vrods

DevilDawg3097 said:
he may beat ya in a 1/4 mile but I know for a fact you should be able to get him at top end if you dont run out of road or balls :p :marchmellow:

On a big twin maybe , but on a built sportster .............. no contest.
a 98" sporty went 198mph at Bonneville in the late 70's. It was ridden to the flats and ridden home to Kansas. also with a micro fairing and jetted for alcohol it went 202mph.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
wow the only harley street bikes i've seen that quick(personally) are the vrods
That is why a shovel is still the prefered setup for drag racing, the evo,s never were able to compete.Have not followed the v rods performance cause the shovel head is a proven performer.

I have an 06 Electra Glide and my truck will blow it away 1/4 mi.. top end or anywhere. You will kick his ass, He may leave on you but you will catch him quick. BTW this is FATJACK on Bettys computer.

includemeout said:
That is why a shovel is still the prefered setup for drag racing, the evo,s never were able to compete.Have not followed the v rods performance cause the shovel head is a proven performer.
ok worlds fastest indian:D "back in 1930 i went 214 mph on my homemade 24ci harley"........"now be a nice grandson and get my milk." says includemeout while pointing his cane in the direction of the fridge:D

505'sFastestViper. said:
ok worlds fastest indian:D "back in 1930 i went 214 mph on my homemade 24ci harley"........"now be a nice grandson and get my milk." says includemeout while pointing his cane in the direction of the fridge:D

The World's Fastest Indian
New Zealander Burt Munro was a motorcycle land-speed record-holder of the 1960s. One of his dreams was to run his homebuilt 1920 Indian Scout motorcycle, dubbed the Munro Special, on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. He saved for years in spite of limited means to make the trip to America. He finally came over on a shoestring budget in 1962. Munro was 63 at the time with a bad heart, yet he still managed to overcome numerous obstacles to set world records, even as a muffler was burning the flesh on his leg. In 1967, Munro coaxed his beloved streamlined Indian to 183.58 mph. That set a record in the category of "streamlined motorcycles under 1,000cc." To qualify, he made a one-way run of 190.07 mph, the fastest ever officially recorded speed on an Indian.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Annu, stick to racing Smart Cars and you will be fine.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back