My trans is on it's last leg. Opinions?

you can thro parts at a turd all day long, but throwing the right parts in the correct way and you get a strong oak, we will get ya taken care of santeen, all the ones we have done so far including mine are holding up perfectly, I talked with brian tho, and I think we will start doing our own billet inputs and shaft assemblies soon

Tony , What kind of power are your 48re behind ? How long have they been installed and what kind of driving habits are the drivers ? HOW MUCH for 1.

no man I am def not, sorry missed your post, but I agree , another tranny is abetter option, but for some it can get $$ , we have worked with a few companies out there lately and so far we have seemed to come up with a good combo, I still have to hit mine with nos to see how it does, but we have a couple out there with about 10,000 miles or so on a na build that are still hamering, we are lookin into doing our own shafts an so forth now we have an in house machine shop, so alot of things are looking good, but as you say, it takes the right guy to put it all together or it can really be expensive in the long run

Tony , What kind of power are your 48re behind ? How long have they been installed and what kind of driving habits are the drivers ? HOW MUCH for 1.

no price yet, sorta like the carbon drive shafts, not gonna release till I know they work, which we are lookin into different shafts,

but mine last dyno was mid 500's there abouts, na, the rest at moment which there are two are in the 500's, but the one that will be built for santeen will be tops, billet shafts pumps, a valve body , which I really really did some research on those, funny the findings, but should be a hard core unit

The 48re, done right, will hold. Several members have built 48re's that are doing just fine. The key words are, done right. I have no doubt mine will be done right. As a matter of fact, my stock one did pretty good and it still shifts through all the forward gears just fine. And I'm making about 700hp at the flywheel. So that tranny took a beating to get the power to the wheels. Just goes to show, that with regular maintenance and band adjustments, these can be made to last a while.

I just drove Steve's truck with Tony's new transmission, and I ABSOLUTLELY loved it. The shifts are much, much firmer and quicker over stock, with no hesitation. They are not spine shattering, just right--in my opinion. I only drove the truck for 10 minutes, but I made the truck shift several times at various speeds, and it never did anything strange or unexpected. I was going to ship mine out, as second gear is just about gone, but Tony will be getting mine January 1.

Glad you were able to test drive it and help make your decision. Tony did a lot of research, before we decided on my final build. I think he came up with a stout build for an affordable price, considering the quality of parts that he used.

Glad you were able to test drive it and help make your decision. Tony did a lot of research, before we decided on my final build. I think he came up with a stout build for an affordable price, considering the quality of parts that he used.

just sent you a couple vids steve, one of a normal drive off, and one at full throttle to about 120-130mph, so you could see the firmness or at least hope you can after you watch it a couple times, but still got that prob boss,all it wants to do is smokem up

just sent you a couple vids steve, one of a normal drive off, and one at full throttle to about 120-130mph, so you could see the firmness or at least hope you can after you watch it a couple times, but still got that prob boss,all it wants to do is smokem up

May we see this video please:drool:

I do not see where the shift linkage was inspected. My first rule of thumb is to eliminate the simple. The problems you list could in fact be nothing more than the shift linkage being improperly adjusted. Since you faithfully service the trans on a six-month basis, the possibility of the shift linkage being out of adjustment is increased dramatically. This may not be the problem, especially with the engine build up, and you need an overhaul, but it would not hurt to ensure when you put it in neutral it is physically in neutral with the engine running. The fact that it rolls freely with the engine turned off indicates it has not completely moved out of the gear (forward or reverse) generating drag. Just because the lever moves into position does not necessarily mean the trans is properly shifted. While this may not be the problem, it is basically a cost less check before paying the money for a rebuild.

The above is just my 2-cents, and you are right the amount of increased horsepower will eventually cause premature failure of your trans. Good Luck regardless of what you find!

I do not see where the shift linkage was inspected. My first rule of thumb is to eliminate the simple. The problems you list could in fact be nothing more than the shift linkage being improperly adjusted. Since you faithfully service the trans on a six-month basis, the possibility of the shift linkage being out of adjustment is increased dramatically. This may not be the problem, especially with the engine build up, and you need an overhaul, but it would not hurt to ensure when you put it in neutral it is physically in neutral with the engine running. The fact that it rolls freely with the engine turned off indicates it has not completely moved out of the gear (forward or reverse) generating drag. Just because the lever moves into position does not necessarily mean the trans is properly shifted. While this may not be the problem, it is basically a cost less check before paying the money for a rebuild.

The above is just my 2-cents, and you are right the amount of increased horsepower will eventually cause premature failure of your trans. Good Luck regardless of what you find!

That was one of the first things that I checked.

trans was pretty much fried, wouldnt do anything but go forward with or without the cable hooked up by the time it got here,
clutches were pretty much in the pan of the tranny.

all is new now, pump, all new billet servos, blue clutches, billet shafts, new valve body, shifts like a dream, so now we'll pull it back out, and put it on the shelf for a bit;)

rock on steve

will get you some more updates this week boss.

jsut a note too , we can now offer 3 year /100,000 mile warranty oem dodge trannys , for non forced induction, if installed by our shop, for about 4k including convertor and fluids if not mistaken

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
jsut a note too , we can now offer 3 year /100,000 mile warranty oem dodge trannys , for non forced induction, if installed by our shop, for about 4k including convertor and fluids if not mistaken

That's a sweet deal. Considering it includes the convertor. The convertor alone is around $1200-$1300

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
trans was pretty much fried, wouldnt do anything but go forward with or without the cable hooked up by the time it got here,
clutches were pretty much in the pan of the tranny.

all is new now, pump, all new billet servos, blue clutches, billet shafts, new valve body, shifts like a dream, so now we'll pull it back out, and put it on the shelf for a bit;)

rock on steve

will get you some more updates this week boss.

Sounds good.

Geodriller said:
so when are we gunna find out about the 2nd stage of this visit to Stink

U got a truck? No? Then STFU geodouche!!!! :D
I'll let tony give the details. But he'll be building the motor, while its there.

U got a truck? No? Then STFU geodouche!!!! :D
I'll let tony give the details. But he'll be building the motor, while its there.

LMAO, you dickbag:aetsch:

sounds expensive.:drool::drool::drool: i think the pink stripes will accent your pink hair ties nicely. you do still have some hair right? NO?:thefinger:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back