Nankang Tires & Honda Accord Performance Parts??????

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
Alrite so since we can all agree we are automobile junkies of one sort or another......

I know there has to be a couple of you that switched over from the import side, have some, had some or know people in that community.

My grave yard shift job that i got 2 months ago is working out.

BUT

The fuel for the 92 Suburban w the 454 IS NOT-6mpg = about $300 month.

SO

I just I just picked up a clean 91 Honda Accord 5-speed with 190K miles. Well sorta clean. Needs some body work but the interior is very well kept up. Stole it for $500.

So Ive already started moding it. HOLY CRAP is this stuff cheap.
New clutch, lightened steel flywheel stage 1 - $175 del
NEW front fenders, hood, F/R bumpers- $200 del
Tint & alarm - $125 installed
Picking up 18" x 7.5" Motgei Racing MR7 - used $100

Alot of these are coming from our contacts for the body shop. But still damn cheap.

Here are my questions.

#1-Anyone ever purchase the NANKANG NS-II tires?
I can get 4 - 225/35 Del $300

#2-What about Gabreil Shocks of KYB?

#3-What about Megans Coil Springs w adjustable mounts? Are the ebay cheappies any good?

#4-Best bang for the buck on engine mods? I take it they wont take any kind of boost at all?

#5-Full exhaust?
Dont want that huge amplifier trash can on the back either.

Lastly what do i need to have checked out immediately?

Thanks SHU

I bought a set of NANKANG NS-II tires for my wife's Talon when I got new wheels. They are complete junk. Don't do that to yourself. Spend the extra couple bucks and get a decent tire. Those things lasted about 3 months before one of them shredded. :mad:

KYB shocks are the BOMB. Go for those... :rock:

DON'T buy "knock-off" springs either. The good stuff is plenty cheap. Get yourself a set of Skunk springs. They are great, and generally cheaper than Megan or Tokico.

Oh, and the F22 motor that is in that Accord will take a WHOLE BUNCH of boost. :D :rock: They are, IMO, one of the very best engines made by Honda. You got a great little car there, Bro. My best buddy has one and it's a quick little car. I think that's the best series of Accord too (90-93). :)

SHU-DOG said:
Alright that helps. Thanks for the imput.

How about the Nexan N3000 tires?

Little better, but not much. I bought those after the Nangkangs shit out. lol :D :eek: Trust me, if you're going to be putting a lot of miles on the car, you want a little better class of tire than what you are looking at. These cheapo tires will actually be more expensive in the long-run or even get you stranded. :dontknow:

damn alright...back to the search then.

Tried to go pick up the wheels today.

Didnt think to try the windshield wiper fluid sprayers.

Got up in the pass and they had snow last night.....Roads wet with mud.

Went to go spray the windshield to see n nothing. Just wipers spreading the misty dirt.

NOT GOOD. Doohhhh.

Got em fixed today.

I have a feeling i will be learning alot about these cars. haha

Get pics this week. Before n During n After.

SHU

viperhauler said:
jesus christ, kevin....

just buy some real tires...with all that money you're saving on mods, and you can't splurge on some tires:D

It's not a damn Ferrari, Dan. :D There are plenty of low cost tires out there that would work just fine on the little rice-burner. :D

Wal-Mart usually runs some pretty decent deals on tires too. :)

No going to try to keep it cost effective.

Just want something i can depend on and get some descent mileage on.

Effin sub costs a fortune on gas. Wish i could get rid of it but its my winter truck.

Yeah ive got a TireRack warehouse about 30 min from me. I will see what i can do about getting setup with the business. Maybe save some $.

SHU

SHU-DOG said:
No going to try to keep it cost effective.

Just want something i can depend on and get some descent mileage on.

Effin sub costs a fortune on gas. Wish i could get rid of it but its my winter truck.

Yeah ive got a TireRack warehouse about 30 min from me. I will see what i can do about getting setup with the business. Maybe save some $.

SHU

Business accounts will save you about 10%... but their annual CLEARANCE sales are theee BOMB. You can get some really good deals. :rock:

Black1 said:
Business accounts will save you about 10%... but their annual CLEARANCE sales are theee BOMB. You can get some really good deals. :rock:

Any idea when the clearance sales are?

Just got back from getting the wheels. Clutch is shot so that gettin done this week. Probably going to get a new master n slave while im at it. Just to be sure ive got it covered.

Gotta love these cars. Filled it up to the rim $35.

Just refilled it after going 220 miles.

6.8 gallons and $21.

30 + mpg. :rock: On the bad clutch-mostly 4th gear all the way home.

It should only get better as i freshin this lil biotch up. Been a lil neglected.

Tire Rack just had a clearance. :eek: They might have another one in about 6-8months. :dontknow: I used to live close to South Bend, IN and knew a bunch of guys that work there... Their headquarters is cool. They have their own road coarse test track and everything. :rock: Once you setup a account, they will send you special wholesale catalogs and clearance catalogs.

Black1 said:
Tire Rack just had a clearance. :eek: They might have another one in about 6-8months. :dontknow: I used to live close to South Bend, IN and knew a bunch of guys that work there... Their headquarters is cool. They have their own road coarse test track and everything. :rock: Once you setup a account, they will send you special wholesale catalogs and clearance catalogs.

SAWEET.

Thanks for the heads up. I will do it first thing tomorrow.

Still trying to decide on the size.

215 40
215 35
225 40
or
225 35

I guess its just a toss up. Cost will probably be the deciding factor.

SHU-DOG said:
SAWEET.

Thanks for the heads up. I will do it first thing tomorrow.

Still trying to decide on the size.

215 40
215 35
225 40
or
225 35

I guess its just a toss up. Cost will probably be the deciding factor.

I'm guessing you will have a LOT more options with the 215 sizes. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back