Need Basic Dyno Help

Discussion in 'Dyno Stuff' started by oldguysrt10, May 1, 2007.

1. oldguysrt10

oldguysrt10 Full Access Member

What's required to get a dyno air/fuel reading. I plan to take my truck to MTI in Houston for a dyno run on their dynojet soon. When I had my wife's corvette tuned the printout only showed horsepower and torque. I asked Dan at DC Performance how much I'd benefit to bring my truck to him for a dyno tune versus the standard Stage II tune of his I'm running. He suggested I send him a dyno showing air/fuel mixture.

Please advise.

oldguy

2. RedSrt007

RedSrt007 Active Member

A dyno tune would be A LOT better and more accurate then a mail-tune. Yes, he can adjust the tune according to your air/fuel and curve, (they are very good at that may-I-add) but its always better for them to custom tune to YOUR truck as all things are not the same with every truck....

-Red

3. bigike

bigike Full Access Member

How much will the dyno run be, and are they going to tune it?

4. AWDisuzu

AWDisuzu Full Access Member

if you want to know what's required to get the a/f reading, you have to go to any dyno and they will remove one of your oxygen sensors and install a wideband sensor. The computer will datalog the sensor reading during the dyno run and you will see the exact a/f ratio plotted at the bottom of your dyno chart.

hope this helps!
    mike