Need new inner tie rods

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for any recommendations where to get quality inner tie rods besides OEM from the dealer.

I've heard of moogs but can't seem to find a main site for them

I found Moparone.com but when I called in, no one answered, there was no answering machine and it asked me to create a voice recording haha.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Looking for any recommendations where to get quality inner tie rods besides OEM from the dealer.

I've heard of moogs but can't seem to find a main site for them

I found Moparone.com but when I called in, no one answered, there was no answering machine and it asked me to create a voice recording haha.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Talk to Andy (VPRPWRD) he can get them for you if available. OEM is the way to go.

I got moog tie rods through Rockauto, along with control arms and ball joints. Great prices too

Last edited:
I got some moog balljoints off amazon. They look just like the OEM ones except they have a grease fitting on top. I wonder if Moog was the OEM supplier for the originals?

I recently replaced mine with OEM (160K miles) and a buddy brought his truck over with Moog from Rockauto which I helped him replace. They seemed to be very good quality. Be sure and use some anti-seize on the threads. Your alignment guy will appreciate it and you'll be thankful down the road when they need to be replaced again.

Update: went to install these Moog inner tie (part# EV800098) rods at a local shop and got a call from the shop that they are the wrong size (see attached photo). Called the dealership to get the OEM part # then called a local parts shop who cross-referenced the OEM with the moog part #. Why its wrong is anyone's guess. The threads are even the wrong size. Going to contact rockauto and guess go with OEM's. For those of you who have used the Moog, do you by chance have the part # you used?

The photo with the 3 tie rods has the moog one's in the top and bottom with the OEM off the truck in the middle.

The other photo is how difference in length the two are. The OEM is shorter

Attachments

• IMG_5897.JPG
    IMG_5897.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5898.JPG
    IMG_5898.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 81
I haven't had to change my tie rods yet, ironically they are still good. The upper and lower ball joints were gone. I have moog lower baller joints and dorman upper because when the shop was doing the lower they said the upper were shot as well.

I JUST finished swapping mine out last week with Moogs. I threw away the boxes. Let me see if i can dig out the part numbers.
Inner tie rod were the only thing i didnt buy from Rockauto. Instead, i bought them from Oreillys at $70 each since they had them in stock. What i meant to say on my previous post was that I bought the OUTER tie rods, ball joints and control arms from RockAuto. Sorry i didnt see that you were looking specifically for the INNER tie rods ha..
But like i said. Let me look up the part moog part number for the inners

Last edited:
Okay.. P# for Moog is EV407 and specs say they are 14.3" inches long. Oreilly has them for like $70ish and Rockauto has them for $45ish +shipping... if you need them now then i suggest go to your local parts store and ask for that Moog Part #.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with these. These guys will get you taken care of.

Hey Sinus19, thanks for getting me that part #. I looked into them on rockauto's website and I'm not entirely sure they would fit my truck so I'm not even going to chance it. Going to stick with mopar brand this time. Thanks for the input everyone.

Oh he has an 06 maybe thats why its off??? Do we know if the tie rod's are different on the 06? The 06 is like the oddball of the family. They did alot of changes to them for that model year.

Oh shoooooot... did not realize his is an 06. Crap. Yea Moog comes up with EV800098 for an 06. Damn... good thing he went with Mopar.
But why did SRT change Rack?

Last edited:
Oh shoooooot... did not realize his is an 06. Crap. Yea Moog comes up with EV800098 for an 06. Damn... good thing he went with Mopar.
But why did SRT change Rack?

2006 was a bad year for them they lost 1.5 billon and were sold for next to nothing in May of 07. Diamler was slicing and dicing in 06 trying to turn profit. I assume that has something to do with it

UPDATE: got the Mopar brand inner tie rods from Rockauto and they were the same part # that the dealership gave me when I used my VIN. Brought the truck back to the shop only to get a call from them an hour later that they won't fit!! They said the new ones are longer than whats on there now and it caused the front part of the tire to stick out. This is strange considering they're the original stock inner tie rods and the ONLY thing I've done for the rack and steering assembly is replace the outer tie rods with the bump steer kit from Razor's edge. Could that be the issue?
I even special-ordered inner tie rods from the dealership to compare with the ones from rockauto and they were identical. What gives? And yes my truck is an 06.

So I'm going to check everything out myself and see what the heck is going on. I'd hate to now have to remove the bump steer kit, which is really a noticeable improvement, and go back to original outer tie rod ends.

Any special tools needed to remove the inner tie rods? Anyone have a good link on youtube or something that shows what to do?

Thanks so much for the help

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back