Need your VOTE for my Daughter

Discussion in 'Non-Offensive' started by OnceBitten, Feb 10, 2016.

1. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Full Access Member

Have not posted for a while but have been checking in from time to time. Still MOPAR but nothing with a 10 in it anymore. Anyway, my daughter has asked me to help her accumulate votes for a Saddle drawing she has entered. She has continued to chase her Horse Dream since she was 8 years old and now manages her own performance horse business. To vote use the link below. She should be the first photo titled MY BEST FRIEND "Chessie K." She is a daylight to dark HARDWORKING COWGIRL and very deserving of the support. Thanks!

]My Equine Valentine Giveaway

2. 6speedquadcab

6speedquadcab NorCal SF Bay Area Supporting Member

One vote given. Good luck!

3. mopar-or-no-car

mopar-or-no-car Full Access Member

How can I say this this without being offensive. This actually offends me. Not to mention makes me feel like less of a man in general. You seem to do quite well for yourself as I see in your stable. You really should just buy it for her, I'm sure there are girls that couldn't even come close to being able to afford something like this. What a great way to try to take something away from someone that actually deserves something for free.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

How does a performance horse business work? Do they cut the thin spindly legs off & install beefed up muscular ones? Where do they get the spare parts? Does some poor farmer go out to feed his horses and find them up on cinder blocks with blood everywhere? Lol

5. OnceBitten

No offense taken, and BELIEVE me when I tell you I have supported her through the years and now she does it on HER OWN so when BABY GIRL asks dad for help she gets it! She could be like a lot of 23 year olds that don't work for ANYTHING but she chose a TOUGH profession and like I said works daylight to dark, has screws in her wrist, been kicked, stepped on, SH!T on, bit, and told she could not do it by many that FAILED around her, yet she gets up EVERY DAY and does it again (definition of "deserves"). So I can understand the "less of a man" thing as I am in awe every time I think of the effort she has put into her career and how many "men" she has put to shame along the way. By the way it IS a VOTING contest so feel free to vote for ANY of the other several hundred entries. Thanks for your support!:D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  6. OnceBitten

Thanks for the mention Paul. Had to UPDATE my "stable". LOL

7. seethrough

seethrough Member

So people with a little prosperity should just hand their kids stuff and not teach them how to work for it? And what guarantee is there that any other contestant is more deserving. I don't understand this line of thinking - where people who are prosperous are considered inconsiderate of others.

8. seethrough

seethrough Member

Voted for her - just because I think it's pretty decent of a dad to support his kid this way!

9. ZCx

ZCx Active Member Supporting Member

done deal:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

good luck:rock:

let us know how it went

10. hawk02

hawk02 Full Access Member

Voted, good luck!!!!

11. VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD VTCoA Ring Leader Supporting Member

Voted! It's refreshing to hear of a 20 something in this day and age that doesn't feel like they deserve everything without doing anything.

12. mike2004srt10

mike2004srt10 Full Access Member

Voted!!

13. Kopack_05

Kopack_05 Full Access Member

done deal

14. shorty

shorty Full Access Member

I voted for her and crapola, here in TEXAS we jus steal the saddle if we need one. :D

15. mopar-or-no-car

Exactly. I think it's sad to rely on a stretched out Internet community instead of actually letting the people that may know the deserving contestant. Instead you want to foolishly make this into essentially a popularity contest. Parents are supposed to support their children, this is not support..This is teaching her that popularity is more important than ability..I won't argue the fact that his daughter may be wonderful, but what and who is to say she is deserving of this vs another stranger? Because her dad is saying she is great..Well I hate to break it to ya but 80% of parents will say their kids are great...May sound heartless but that's just me being real I guess :dontknow:

Now I would like to suggest leaving facebook to the women, it makes y'all seem like a bunch of sallys!! :):):)

Who's on the VIEW today? I know you got it on!!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  16. 6speedquadcab

Stop being so angry Paulie. It's not good for your blood pressure. Maybe you should just tell everyone you too are in the running for the saddle and need the votes as well. We will all support your girly equestrian endevours and pass no judgement.

17. mopar-or-no-car

How many times must I tell you, i'm not weak enough to get pissed off on the internet. I'm not mad :):)....Having a wonderful friday!!! Plus I'm way to big for that saddle, it would never fit my back.

18. 6speedquadcab

Lol!!!!!!!!!! Now you made my Friday. Thanks buddy. :)

19. seethrough

seethrough Member

I get your point I just don't agree with it. I think having his daughter make the effort to promote herself to others in order to earn something herself has more value than just having Dad buy it for her. You can say that I am foolish for voting for her solely based on her Dad's recommendation but none of the other father's efforts to promote there daughter made it to me so I voted for the one person that had the most influence on me.

20. mopar-or-no-car

I can respect that. But now your making it sound like "dancing for tuition". All thoes folded dollar bills you gave up was also for promotion? LOL

Nothing against the OP but if I were on social media and this was presented to me by people I knew I would totally cast my vote, but to come on a forum that you don't even frequent ( from basically strangers) asking a favor for a popularity contest is what rubbed me the wrong way...

Same principal as a parent taking a fundraiser ro work, sure it's great for the cause but teaches the child nothing..My parents would take that stuff to work and I'd mostly win the "contest" . Looking back at that saddens me, it really sucked for the kids that did the hard work themselves just to have a parent take it into a huge workplace and clean house..If you guys would like to help out give 20$ to St Jude children's hosipital...