New '05 member and owner in PA

congrats mate and welcome ...... start modding :D:rock:

thewelshm

Congrats on the best Ram SRT-10. RC, Black w/ a 6 spd. :rock:

Be careful and do your due diligence when modifying. Some are "Proven" and some just set you back. Good example is a CAI. Factory set up with a K&N drop in filter is dead on. :burnout:

Firm believer in the KISS method.

Cheers!

Thanks! Pics coming soon. It's either been 100 degrees or raining here lately.

My new truck is all stock. I will probably keep it that way (for now at least!). Maybe a catback? It came with a K&N CAI, but I removed it and reinstalled the OEM air box. I think the engine bay looks better. :)

Welcome to the VTCoA! I am located in Orwigsburg, PA. About an hour away from you. If you need a hand with anything give me a shout!

Thanks! Pics coming soon. It's either been 100 degrees or raining here lately.

My new truck is all stock. I will probably keep it that way (for now at least!). Maybe a catback? It came with a K&N CAI, but I removed it and reinstalled the OEM air box. I think the engine bay looks better. :)

Nice, that's how I obtained mine and it still had the factory warranty on it. The simple mods I have performed are easily reversible and I keep all the OEM parts. Putting on the OEM air box was a smart move for sure. My testing has shown that that OEM feed from the radiator block off scoop into the fender area keeps the intake temps within 6 degrees of ambient when the engine is fully warmed up. Even in summer here in Arizona. This is VERY important since the ECM starts to pull timing once the intake air reaches 104 degrees. ;)

Cheers!

Welcome! K&N actually Out performs all. Simply rid the useless shield around filter for a cleaner look.
I have a pile of them behind the shop
:burnout:
IMG_9621.JPG

Nice, that's how I obtained mine and it still had the factory warranty on it. The simple mods I have performed are easily reversible and I keep all the OEM parts. Putting on the OEM air box was a smart move for sure. My testing has shown that that OEM feed from the radiator block off scoop into the fender area keeps the intake temps within 6 degrees of ambient when the engine is fully warmed up. Even in summer here in Arizona. This is VERY important since the ECM starts to pull timing once the intake air reaches 104 degrees. ;)

Cheers!

Good to know. Thanks for the info! I do think the OEM box lines up nice with the fender opening and looks clean. However, the empty battery tray is odd. :dontknow:

At some point soon, I will probably get a cat-back. Only reason, the previous owner replaced just the muffler of the stock exhaust. It sounds ok, but the install job is not real good. I will probably just remove the whole thing and get something aftermarket.

Thanks!

Good to know. Thanks for the info! I do think the OEM box lines up nice with the fender opening and looks clean. However, the empty battery tray is odd. :dontknow:

At some point soon, I will probably get a cat-back. Only reason, the previous owner replaced just the muffler of the stock exhaust. It sounds ok, but the install job is not real good. I will probably just remove the whole thing and get something aftermarket.

Thanks!

It's great to have another owner in PA! We are multiplying quickly.

Com'on VR1...... this?

"Welcome! K&N actually Out performs all. Simply rid the useless shield around filter for a cleaner look.
I have a pile of them behind the shop"

Not that this is the appropriate thread to discuss this... Tell me, if K&N CAI "without" the heat shield "out performs them all".... Why did the SRT engineers sell us short? I mean do you really think that they would put a restrictive, ineffective air intake on this engine in this truck? If they work so well, why do you have a "pile of them behind the shop"? They are not cheap set up's.:confused:

Tell us how an open filter INSIDE an engine bay with exhaust manifolds (or headers in your example) hanging off a 505 c.i. aluminum engine radiating tons of heat not too far away can draw in the coolest available air possible on an engine that is sensitive to intake air temperatures?:dontknow:

Cheers :)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back