New Guy looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

v10thumper

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Ive been lurking on this site trying to familiarize myself with this unique vehicle before buying one. I got the SRT10 bug after driving a 2006 reg cab the other month and have been looking for one ever since. My biggest concern is finding one that hasn't been beat to hell as Ive seen a couple that looked,as the saying goes, "ridden hard and put away wet" . What would be a good thing to look for besides leaks, knocks, rubber rooster tail splatter on the underside of the bed and smells. Also, Ive heard the crank is a weak link in this motor.. does that hold true for all motors or those pushing 1000hp.. Thanks and I look forward to contributing to the forum. :rock:

welcome... almost!

besides the obvious that you'd look for in any used vehicle, you're right about the underside from burnouts, i'd definitely get a service history if you can... look for leaky oil and ps lines (easy fix) internally the rods and pistons are cast, i think the oem crank is forged, but not sure... the oem lifters are noisy so it's tough to be sure you're hearing a motor with a problem, or motor that's normal... the pushrods are weak, but no way to check or replace without removing parts...

i would get an aftermarket warranty...

good luck, and if you find one you like, post it up... we know a little about a lot around here :D

welcome... almost!

besides the obvious that you'd look for in any used vehicle, you're right about the underside from burnouts, i'd definitely get a service history if you can... look for leaky oil and ps lines (easy fix) internally the rods and pistons are cast, i think the oem crank is forged, but not sure... the oem lifters are noisy so it's tough to be sure you're hearing a motor with a problem, or motor that's normal... the pushrods are weak, but no way to check or replace without removing parts...

i would get an aftermarket warranty...

good luck, and if you find one you like, post it up... we know a little about a lot around here :D

:dito::withstupid:

Stock cranks are good!!!! but the crank bolt on the other hand!!!!!between me and some other members we know just about everything.....jk i dont know jack....but i did sleep at midnightrunners house last night hahahah (he was out of town)

Welcome and good luck, if you plan on building a 1000hp truck I don't think you have to worry about how it was driven in he past. Your going to have to replace basically everything to handle those levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back