New OEM Pirelli`s @ The Tire Rack $169.00

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ROKTMAN, May 18, 2006.

Car Parts
  1. ROKTMAN

ROKTMAN Full Access Member

These are back in stock as of yesterday in LA.I ordered them and will be here FR.

I couldn`t wait until I go to South Bend on my way to Chicago and the VTCA meeting in Houston next month.I had 3/32 on the FRONTs and a cord showing through.I have 5/32 on the BACk believe it or not.I didn`t have it aligned after dropping it...bad idea.

FYI I got 24,200 out of the first two and prolly have 10-15K in the other two left.I will put the new ones on the rear and the 5/32 ones on the front.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2006
  2. ROKTMAN

Scheduled to arrive @4:30 today.Might get them on today or tomorrow morning.

3. ROKTMAN

As of today they are still in stock guys.
    There was some discussion wheere they said Tire Rack was out of them again.

Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico
    (Street/Sport Truck All-Season)

Size: 305/40WR22
    Serv. Desc: 114W
    Load Rating XL
    Price: $169.00 (each) Special
    Estimated Availability: In Stock

4. Dave T(BADVENM)

Dave T(BADVENM) New Member Supporting Member

Damn, I might have to break down and get some at that price!!

5. 2ndchance

2ndchance Full Access Member

i just order four, and im gonna order 4 more in a few. with those prices , i would stock up!!!

6. dilly03

dilly03 Full Access Member

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but I have had terrible luck with these Pirelli Tires. :dontknow:

I had a vibration in my truck from new at about 75-80 mph. During my first oil change the dealer rebalanced all 4 tires and it still vibrated. When I scheduled my 2nd oil chage, I told the dealer that it still had the vibration. They acknowledged that they have had issues with the tires on the SRT Ram so they road force tested all 4 and they all failed. So, they had Pirelli send 4 new tires, road-forced them and this time 3 failed. They had a new SRT-10 on the lot and tested those........all 4 of those failed as well. Pirelli just told him to keep ordering new tires until we get 3 more good ones. So rather than going through that hassle, they just put a different brand (General's) on my truck (all 4 were road-force tested and passed!)......now she rides smooth with no vibration whatsoever.

So....the morale of the story is.....have your tires road force balanced to make sure Pirelli sent you their round ones. :D

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  7. 94rt10ohio

94rt10ohio Full Access Member

I am guessing the issue is Perelli had a number of them produced when DC announced they are halting production of the SRT-10. Now they have these tires sitting with very minimal demand and are trying to off some inventory and gave Tirerack the deal of the century.