New PB (Finally in the 12's)

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been awhile since I posted on here, but tonight I drove this heavy son of a bitch into the 12's. I've been sitting on a 13.3 for one and a half years (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f11/ram-srt-10-rc-first-time-1-4-mile-run-52302/), that was until tonight :rock:. Weather was low 50's and since I put on the BFG KDW's a few months back I decided I'd shoot for a new PR. The only mods on the truck are Magnaflow CB, Catless Mids, and rear lowering blocks.

I had the rear tires set at ~20psi and with a 3krpm launch slipping the clutch lead to a 2.06 60ft. Banged the rest of the shifts with the yard long shifter right at 6k which resulted in this.
82ffba46-eb0b-402c-906c-214d25636b71_zpsf63970fe.jpg

Run was against a 13' 5.0 with bolt-ons and slicks, not very fast if you ask me. I've told myself that I'll never run any stick shift at the track unless I have some soft wall slicks, but I just wanted to get in the 12's. The next track visit will be on bias ply slicks, that's the only way to go with a stick car/truck at the strip. I got big plans for the truck, and even though it might take awhile trust me it ain't just 12's/high 11's.:y::y:

Congrats! I loved that feeling when I looked at the slip to see a 12.xx for the first time.

Congratulations! Way to nail the gears with an un-modded shifter too. Looks like there is room to go even quicker, based on your 60'.

Congratulations! Way to nail the gears with an un-modded shifter too. Looks like there is room to go even quicker, based on your 60'.

No doubt about that, speaking in relative terms a 2.06 is horrible lol, a 1.8x should be possible on the BFG's... but I think I'm done messing with DR's/Street tires with a 6spd. Slap some slicks on it and it's so much easier to launch, 60ft's better, and more consistent.

No doubt about that, speaking in relative terms a 2.06 is horrible lol, a 1.8x should be possible on the BFG's... but I think I'm done messing with DR's/Street tires with a 6spd. Slap some slicks on it and it's so much easier to launch, 60ft's better, and more consistent.

I recommend the 30x14x16 m&h slicks, trainman and myself have both pulled consistent 1.5's on them

Thanks and yep stock tune.

Sounds good, what width wheel? 12"? How's the top end "sway".

I use a Bogart 16x10, 16.5 lbs of air, M&H Cheater slick, 30" tall. You will have to shave the rear calipers for anything smaller than a 17" wheel.

I use a Bogart 16x10, 16.5 lbs of air, M&H Cheater slick, 30" tall. You will have to shave the rear calipers for anything smaller than a 17" wheel.
Sounds good, already used to doing that on some other vehicles...

With near 110mph, does OP have enough gear and rpm to use 28" slicks?

28's would be right at 6000 with the current power/trap. When I do get slicks it'll be 30"+ just for room to grow power wise.

Thanks and yep stock tune.

Sounds good, what width wheel? 12"? How's the top end "sway".
I run a cheap 16x10 wheel and about 13psi, I don't have and issues with sway but I also run a bias ply 28x4.5x15 front tire too
With near 110mph, does OP have enough gear and rpm to use 28" slicks?

If he was going to stay stock the 28 would work but with just a few mods the 28's are too short for 4.56 gears

Run was against a 13' 5.0 with bolt-ons and slicks, not very fast if you ask me. I've told myself that I'll never run any stick shift at the track unless I have some soft wall slicks, but I just wanted to get in the 12's. The next track visit will be on bias ply slicks, that's the only way to go with a stick car/truck at the strip. I got big plans for the truck, and even though it might take awhile trust me it ain't just 12's/high 11's.:y::y:[/QUOTE]

If the time slip you just posted belongs to you and the mustang. I wouldn't say a 11 second mustang is slow especially if it's just bolt ons and slicks

Congrats man! Id love to run my truck on the track. I wont do it unless ive got slicks though.

sniff...sniff...welcome to the club, we'll always remember our 1st 12.xx

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back