Nitrous Question

CubanEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok my friend that think he knows it all said that I cant spray on my truck because he says ill blow the motor. What kit could I use to be safe what other parts do i need to run safe and I think you guys said that a 150 shot is the way to go. Also if i put nitrous on my truck how long should my stock clutch last.

Thanks
Jonathan:D

Post Edited by FSTJACK due to language.

OK then what would be a safe size hit to run without fear of popping the V-10- nevermind the clutch- LOL

I'm hooked up with NX Nitrous Express on my drag racin diesel, so I can get NX stuff real cheap....

Its really not much different than a supercharger, yes you can put a good size shot on, but its not going to live forever if you beat on it hard. A few are running upwards of a 200, most are staying with 125-150. Your stock clutch will last for a while if you let it cool down between runs (no hot lapping at the track or street). I sell a kit (with multiple upgrades) that has all the safety stuff included:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12528
Justin

Roughly a 175 shot would be max with percautions..., I just don't know how long it would last. 150 seems to be the going shot, now an few gallons of race gas and a colder plugs are a must, and I would have the money for a rebuild on hand... I also doubt the clutch would take the 150 shot for long...

But its really a cheap way of getting gobs of horsepower:rock: but than there's always tghe risk of blowin it.

I would ( did ) feel safe going with either Justin or Boomer. These guys are not going to set you up to fail. Failures happen....just use the advice they give you on the set-up. I love my set-up and feel secure in the install and function. Check out my sig video.....worth the bang for the buck :)

I use NOS - Had 4 bottles filled already
No issues - cold plugs - wet system - check plugs check plugs after!!!!!

poppopmadman said:
I use NOS - Had 4 bottles filled already
No issues - cold plugs - wet system - check plugs check plugs after!!!!!

HOW MUCH OF A SHOT ARE YOU USING??

My experience with guys here who've run juice is that most of them have eventually developed issues of some kind.....

Of course, some have not............. yet.... Best of Luck to them all.....

D

CubanEvo said:
how are the zex kits

I have heard that the zex kits are good but I don't have the nos. I am planning to get a nos too. I feel that justin's the safety nos kit is the best for me to get. I also feel trust with his safety nos kit. Just get Justin's the safety nos kit. You will be happy with it. :top:

Last edited:
for normal recreation use I have no complaints about the zex system and it is real cheap for the basic kit but that doesn't include a widnow switch which if you want to be real safe you will want. I have close to 40 passes on a 150 shot with no issues. Your clutch will fine as long as you don't slip it on launches. You coming to Moroso on Sat or are you going to free way race some more?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back