No Locker For SRT-10

John Stuttle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after ordering the Detroit locker Saturday and then reading some of the comments posted here about the availability of the locker for the Ram SRT-10, I spent most of the day talking with various manufacturers' and suppliers including Unitrax and DTS.

What I have been told by everyone is that the Detroit Locker is not available for the Dana 60 with semi - float (c-clip) axles.

I am going to try the sock carrier again with 4:88's in it.

If you have other info that I have missed regarding the Detroit Locker please let us know

john

Several of us have researched this to the same conlcusion...4.88s and a line lock you mean.....:D

I don't know what good it would do me. I do not apply the brakes at the line and use the water box on burnouts.

john

John Stuttle said:
I don't know what good it would do me. I do not apply the brakes at the line and use the water box on burnouts.

john

my bad...I thought you were running slicks.....

John Stuttle said:
I am running slicks

john

Ok....I give...you run slicks but you don't heat them with a 4 second or so burn out....?.....what am I missing...

Not trying to be an ass...trying to learn.....:confused:

I thought Jack posted about a Detroit locker that could be made to fit our trucks. Hey Jack, am I right, or wrong again.

Bill.

Begood said:
I thought Jack posted about a Detroit locker that could be made to fit our trucks. Hey Jack, am I right, or wrong again.

Bill.

yeah no problem if you change the rear end, and:D :D the axles.....

U still need a line lock dont u......how do you hold still for 4-5 secs without holding the brakes a bit? I know Patrick has just about perfected his burnouts with his linelock....for a few hundred bucks I like the idea anyways.

it is speed, not RPM which heats up the tire, it is virtually impossible to heat up the tire @ 60+mph and stay in one spot without applying the brakes and wearing slicks. John, are you going a quick 3 sec burnout?

-Red

Hey Patty! dumby! you can heat up a tire easy at 60 mph if you have 2 countem 2 countem again 2 one more time 2 I say 2 turbos!!!!LOLOL:D

Guys they have a water box at the track I go to. I just dump the clutch the slicks start spinning and I exit the water box with the tires spinning to the line. No line lock needed. - john

MAN!!!!!!!! this has been said so many many times....................................

WE NEED PICS DUDE! THAT WOULD LOOK AWESOME FOR AN AVITAR!!!!:D

Yeah, u can do that. But I think Patrick is trying to be ANAL retentive and time his burnouts to the .00001 second. As recommended by the manufacturer.....6.32765421827 second burnout.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back